TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vehicle Damaged at Delivery

Squirrel 007

Seems to me from this photograph that the rear of my car was damaged. It must have scraped when they backed it off the truck. The left inboard exhaust tip is flatened on the bottom and the three ridges hanging down in back have all been scraped. Then my salesman says they are going to put 5 miles on it test driving it. Sent him emails saying I'll kick his A$$ if they so much as think of driving the car and for them to fix the damage or I won't accept the car. Attached is a PDF photo of the damaged area.GT500 Scrape.pdf

GT500 Scrape.pdf

Squirrel,

Good eye, I'm glad you spotted the damage before the car left the dealer. At least you have photographic proof of the damage. Make sure they do a full inspection of the bottom of the car to make sure they didn't damage anything else. Ask them to take detailed pictures of the damage and the underside of the car. Sorry to hear about your problem.

Not sticking up for the dealer, but truck service is the WORST for cars like ours. Ford arranges it (with the lowest bidder) and the dealer accepts responsibility for the car, no matter what happens. This is exactly why I developed our "White Glove Delivery" program. I personally inspect EVERY car when it comes off the truck, I have them HAND WASHED, not run through the wire-bristle machine, fill them with PREMIUM gas... and in the rare instance when a car actually arrives like this, I will insure its fixed on the spot without any questions. I do exactly the same thing I did for my personal car. This is not a sales pitch, just a perfect opportunity for me to chime in on why I even started this program.

558621_427629220606973_938902347_n.jpg

See, the thing that really sucks is that probably nobody at the dealership really understands being the buyer of a car like this. they move hundreds of cars a month that are only transportation to them. I always like to believe American companies are the best, but its things like this, and comments like we need to do a 5 mile test drive that make me cringe. The dealer doesn't get that from the time of deposit, to the time of delivery are sleepless nights, and being like a kid waiting for Christmas..

Lets hope it happened before it got to the dealer, and they knew nothing about it. Let's hope that now you made them aware, they will not sleep till it's fixed right. Best of luck to you, and on a positive note, the car is beautiful.

Squirrel,

Good eye, I'm glad you spotted the damage before the car left the dealer. At least you have photographic proof of the damage. Make sure they do a full inspection of the bottom of the car to make sure they didn't damage anything else. Ask them to take detailed picrures of the damage and the underside of the car. Sorry to hear about your problem.

I will make them take pictures until they turn blue! And I want pictures time and date stamped of the odeometer. This is soooooo disappointing. More delays and the forcasts are calling for snow. I need to get it tucked inside my garage soon.

I don't think I have ever heard of a dealer announcing that they are going to take a customer ordered car out for a test drive. Maybe they have another buyer in the wings willing to pay them more if you decline. Whatever the case it just sounds odd.

I do have a buid date on mine now. Now I can start worrying about damage in shipping. One thing I will not accept is any body damage that requires body work. With yours it should be an easy fix, just replace the damaged pieces. Not ideal but better than a dented quarter panel. Good luck with your beautiful GT500. I'm in the waiting and worrying mode right now.

no need to drive it, plastic rear diffuser , new exhaust, easy fix. Tell them you will not accept the car....unbelievable the nerve

The dealer has the new parts already. New mufflers and the rear difuser panel. They agreed not to "Test Drive" the car under the penalty of getting their a$$ royally beat to a pulp. Salesman said he did not know about the damage but the people receiving the car in the morning noticed the damage and had already ordered the parts. That's his story and he's sticking to it.

Having remodeled a few car dealerships in the last few years I am amazed at the number of cars that roll off the trucks damaged. One dealership sells 200 to 300 cars a month and they have a "mobile body guy" on site almost every day. Heck just the other day somebody keyed 4 new cars. They told me they will go to the body shop and will be sold as new.

One dealership spends over 5 grand a month for "lot damage." Lot guys running into things.

If your waiting for your car to be delivered I'd be there when it rolls off the truck. It's going to have tons of road grime but at least you'll see it before the "mobile body guy" get's his hands on it.

While going over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb my salesman said they found a scrape on the bottom part of the front splitter. They ordered a new part for that and expect to get it today. They said they want it in perfect condition before they deliver it to my house. They guarantee there will not be a scratch on it when delivered to my house. Sounds like they are trying like crazy any way.

While going over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb my salesman said they found a scrape on the bottom part of the front splitter. They ordered a new part for that and expect to get it today. They said they want it in perfect condition before they deliver it to my house. They guarantee there will not be a scratch on it when delivered to my house. Sounds like they are trying like crazy any way.

Sounds like they are taking good care of you!!! Give the dealer bonus points on the survey.

Well all the dealer is waiting for now is the lower part of the front air splitter. They fixed the exhaust and rear panel that was scraped up. They put the scoops and louvers on and he says that it looks so fantastic with them. He said everybody wants to go touch the car and now they have more people that want to buy a Shelby. They are trying for another allocation. He also told me they are the number one Mustang seller in the Midwest. I knew they sold a crap load of them there. The weather is starting to get crappy in Michigan. I hope they get it to my house soon.

Archived