TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Vista Blue GT500 on the way....

VegasMichael

After much hemming and hawing I finally made a deal. Bought it in California with less than 3k on the clock and am having it flat-bedded here to my home in Vegas the end of this week. Vista Blue 2007 GT500. I'll get some pictures up when she arrives. I feel like a kid before Christmas(!)

Cool man! Please be warned....it's a time machine! Takes you back to 17-18, when tires were skinny, engines were huge and gas was cheap! At least that's where mine takes me. Enjoy and keep 'er shiny side up!

Congrats!!

Thank you!

Congrats & Enjoy

Thank you and I shall!

Cool man! Please be warned....it's a time machine! Takes you back to 17-18, when tires were skinny, engines were huge and gas was cheap! At least that's where mine takes me. Enjoy and keep 'er shiny side up!

Well said. I'm looking forward to early morning drives in the desert near my home west of Vegas.

Congrats the wait will seem like forever but totally worth it.

Thank you. Should be here Thursday or Friday. If only I can hang on til then....

Great color and would make a great SS. Congrats

Thank you. SS is a cool package without a doubt.

Congrats! Welcome to Team Shelby! :happy feet:

You won't be disappointed.

Thank you much! Looking forward to being a "car carrying member" now!

Congrats and welcome to TS. Be sure to get over to Shelby American for a great photo op with your GT500 :rockon:

Thanks! Getting up to SA is on the top of my list for sure.

I don't know any particulars about the car. If it is the same car it has been for sale quite awhile. When I was looking for another car I contacted the seller via ebay and it had a few mods. I was looking for a car without mods so that I could add the mods myself.

Post some pics in the gallery when you get the car. We never get tired of looking at these wonderful machines.

Keep in touch, this is a wonderful site with great folks.

I don't know any particulars about the car. If it is the same car it has been for sale quite awhile. When I was looking for another car I contacted the seller via ebay and it had a few mods. I was looking for a car without mods so that I could add the mods myself.

Post some pics in the gallery when you get the car. We never get tired of looking at these wonderful machines.

Keep in touch, this is a wonderful site with great folks.

I will stay active on the site. Inre the car: I bought it from a Ford dealer and it had a battery relocation kit(moved to trunk) and switch in the engine bay. I found it on cars.com and actually never saw it on Ebay. It was in good shape and the dealer added a certified pre-owned 12-month warranty to it in addition to their 60 day.

Good morning Michael, I found your car in the previous listings section of eBay. I don't believe it is the same car that I saw from March thru June being offered by the owner. The car I saw before had a cold air intake and he listed other mods as well. This one looks to be unmolested. A good find on your part.

The car pics are still on the eBay (previous listings) site and it looks beautiful. Lithia providing a certified preowned warranty is a huge plus which would indicate they have inspected the car top to bottom.

If you have read through the 2007 threads you may already know about the clutch/flywheel issues and the annoying differential howl that some of us have experienced. The folks here will help you evaluate those issues after you have had some time behind the wheel.

Again, congratulations on your find.

David: thanks for the words. I suppose there is a chance it is the same car if the owner decided to go back to stock and sell it to the dealer. I mentioned the clutch/flywheel to the dealership about changing it out. They were aware of the issues but said there was nothing wrong with the one currently there.

Some people have been able to extend the lives of those original clutch/flywheels up near the 20k mileage range. I guess not everyone had problems. I will likely do some modifications to the car after the warranty is up and I'll include swapping out the existing clutch/flywheel. I haven't driven manual transmission in years so I'm sure I'll be putting some extra wear and tear on the current one. I'll be sure and practice early in the morning so the neighbors don't laugh at me. lol

I'll be sure and practice early in the morning so the neighbors don't laugh at me. lol

The hardest for me was getting use to pulling away from a stop without stalling. I found blipping the gas and releasing the clutch as the RPM's dropped worked for me. You are correct that many people still use the original clutch without issues other than getting use to the twin disks. On the other side of the issue we have had members with very low miles have the clutch fail without warning. I have purchased all of the parts for the 2010 changeout but my OEM clutch is still working just fine.

Congrats on the new car and welcome.

Hope to maybe see you at Cars n Coffee Las Vegas.

Great turnout down there, and a really nice Shelby turnout.

Lots of great people there.

Lot of awesome people here on TS too.

Congrats on the new car and welcome. Hope to maybe see you at Cars n Coffee Las Vegas. Great turnout down there, and a really nice Shelby turnout. Lots of great people there. Lot of awesome people here on TS too.

Thank you and the C and C sounds good. I usually show up at the Henderson C and C on Saturday mornings. Where is the one in Vegas or is it the same one?

Thats the one.

There is also a group that meets up at the Santa Fe Mining Co. restaraunt across from the Santa Fe Hotel on Rancho and Rainbow.

This one is Sunday mornings. Very informal, no music and no promoter involved. Usually from 8AM to 10AM.

Thats the one.

There is also a group that meets up at the Santa Fe Mining Co. restaraunt across from the Santa Fe Hotel on Rancho and Rainbow.

This one is Sunday mornings. Very informal, no music and no promoter involved. Usually from 8AM to 10AM.

How is the turnout at this location? That is about 5 min from my place. Lot easier to make it to that one then across town.

^Jim: Were you at the C n C last Saturday? If so I saw you and your car. I was over at the vapor super snake talking to its owner the whole morning.

Yes, I was.

I know the guy you were talking to very well.

Won't be there this Sat, will be out of town for a few days.

Did he give you the flyer for their car show on Sat 11/10 ?

It's always a good turnout.

Jonathan: It is pretty good inre turnout. Anywhere from 60-100 cars from different manufacturers and years.

The one at Santa Fe is pretty good.

Lot of different cars and a lot of older cars.

Usually about 100 or so cars.

Yes, I was.

I know the guy you were talking to very well.

Won't be there this Sat, will be out of town for a few days.

Did he give you the flyer for their car show on Sat 11/10 ?

It's always a good turnout.

No. He didn't give it to me. He invited me to join the club though. The monthly Wednesday meetings are close to my home in the SW.

Archived