TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Help 7 quarts race baffled oil pan

Yksel

Dear fellow Shelby fans,

I am from germany and ordered from the shelby shop the 7 quarts aluminium race baffled oil pan for my Shelby GT 500 Model year 2012.

We supported the engine and dropped the complete K-Member,

Getting the old oil pan out was not a problem at all. However, getting the new oil pan in seems to be impossible.

We can't get the oil pick up tube past the race baffled built in oil trap. My Mechanic said we might have to take out the whole gear box, drive shaft and rear axle to get it in. Are we missing something or is this really necessary to install this oil pan?

Unfortunately I am in Germany, else I would have tried to get my car directly to Las Vegas.

Looking forward for your help.

cheers

Kai

Wish I had answers for you but I don't. I am curious how or what you end up doing cause I was interested in this also in the future for my 12, or I was also thinking of the 13 pan. Good luck and keep us informed.

Dear Team Shelby,

I am really desperate for help, want to get my Snake back on the street and don't want to reinstall the stock oil pan now.

You'll be receiving a phone call momentarily...

Jer

Dear Team Shelby,

I am really desperate for help, want to get my Snake back on the street and don't want to reinstall the stock oil pan now.

It's very easy to accomplish. I did it on mine.

Remove the bolt that holds the pick-up tube bracket. Raise the pan up into place and pull the pick up aside JUST A TAD (enough to allow the pan to get past it). Reinstall the bolt and tighten it to spec, raise the pan the rest of the way and install four bolts to hold it up.

Finish installing all of the other pan bolts and tighten to spec in the order specified.

5 minutes EXTRA, at the longest.

Phill

Stupid question but do you have to drop the K member all the way, or can you loosen and drop a tad some how?

I had mine out to replace it with the Shelby/BMR K-member so I really can't say with confidence. I know with it out, it was a piece of cake. Installing the headers was easy too.

Phill

Archived