TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shelby(Barton) shifter

Don't have one but heard the Barton is stiff. May need 2 hands to get in reverse. Also that the mGW is the one to get. Shelby chose Barton due to ease of business relationship over MGW which is small company that does not discount their product like others. Just what I heard...

I will get MGW. Don't know about the shifter ball but I hope you get an answer because I would like to install one as well.

I have one in my 2011 GT-500. I've had it for three months and love it. My Shelby had nearly 30K miles and the stock shifter was feeling "rubbery". It was hanging up on the 1 to 2 shift. It now is smooth and solid no matter what gear I go into. If you enjoy driving your Shelby in the way Carroll Shelby meant it to be drive, it's a good choice.

P.S. The stock shifter ball went back on easily.

I have the Barton. It's a huge improvement over the stock shifter.

Yes, very stiff when pushing down and forward to get into reverse in my MT82.

For some reason, my stock shifter did not need to be pushed down to go into reverse, or the pressure to push it down was so light, a feather could have done it.

That said, when I had the stock shifter, it was easy to look for first and end up in reverse. Not anymore.

I should add that the Barton I have is getting better as it breaks in, now has 2100 miles on it.

I have one in my 2011 GT-500. I've had it for three months and love it. My Shelby had nearly 30K miles and the stock shifter was feeling "rubbery". It was hanging up on the 1 to 2 shift. It now is smooth and solid no matter what gear I go into. If you enjoy driving your Shelby in the way Carroll Shelby meant it to be drive, it's a good choice.

P.S. The stock shifter ball went back on easily.

Thanks for the feedback, I think I'll order the barton shifter.

Archived