TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Yet another car cover question

Not wanting to hi-jack the car cover thread thats currently going on; I wanted to start this thread to help determine what the car cover that came with my SGT is really for. Not having a Ford background (being a reformed Tri-five Chevy guy) I not sure what it is. In the trunk of the black SGT I recently bought was a car cover in this bag:

546094685_o.jpg

This OEM Ford car cover is black with silver stripes and it says Ford GT on both sides and has the Ford oval logo on the front. The problem is, it really doesn't fit my Shelby all that well. It will cover the car but it seems to be a bit short to properly fit the SGT.

Could this car cover actually be for the Ford GT? I don't have a picture of my car with the cover on it but could take one if that would help. Any info from you Ford guys would be appreciated.

If you look on the underside there should be a tag sew in with a Ford part number. If you Google that number it will say what the car cover was made for. The cover that came with my Shelby Gt fits like a glove. I know there is four different part numbers for the GT

depending on if it is a coupe or convertible and whether it has a spoiler or not. Hope this helps

Thanks

Mark

Actually I had done that and it brought no results. The tag says Ford Engineering Part Number 5G7J-19A412-AB but that won't bring up anything on

Google or Bing. (Theres also a 100504 number under the Ford number but thats not a part number.) The strangest thing is the part number won't pull any results in a couple of Ford parts sites I've tried as well. Thats why I think the cover might be for a Ford GT.

Yep, its a black and silver cover. I guess I should try to sell it to a Ford GT guy-,not that there are too many of them out there.

But I should get a cover that fits my SGT a bit better. Its close on the placing of the mirrors and the width. Its just that its a bit to short to cover the front bumper properly.

Thanks for the info.

Yep, its a black and silver cover. I guess I should try to sell it to a Ford GT guy-,not there are too many of them out there. But I should get a cover that fits my SGT a bit better. Its close on the placing of the mirrors and the width. Its just that its a bit to short to cover the front bumper properly. Thanks for the info.

Here is a nice one... ;)

Or if you'd like to purchase a custom cover for about $150 less that can be used indoors or outside;

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/68458-covercraft-car-cover/page__fromsearch__1

Don't get me wrong, the SPP indoor covers are very nice, but $400 plus shipping was a bit too pricey for me. Plus they're for indoor use only.

Archived