TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stock tune ? Help

mach 1 1970

Looking @ a 2007 Shelby GT500 with 5K miles. It had a CAI with tune but now has the stock air box. How can I tell if it has a stock tune ? Can a Ford dealer reflash the computer with a standard tune ? The one thing I notice is carbon on the tail pipes and a little on the rear bumper. The stock box has not been on very long maybe 50 miles . I will put a CAI on but I need to be sure I have a stock tune first. Thanks

Your on the right track,,, take it by a dealer, have them reflash the computer,,, your at a know starting base..

Then MOD from there.

"MOST" folks set the tune back to stock when they pull CAIs and trade in, because they want to sell the unlocked tuner with it..... But I've read plenty of times where folks had the CAI and tunine done in a shop and did not get a flash tuner.. so at trade in,,, they just pulled the aftermarket goodies and traded the vehicle.

Evolution Performance said if I had a performance tune with the stock air box that the car would run rough . It runs fine and even passed the emissions test in GA. Shows no check engine light so I guess I'm good to go.

I would think the original owner didn't take the time to re-gap the plugs to the factory setting. If your going to leave it stock for a little bit you may want to go back to stock plugs with the stock gap.

Archived