TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pretty Cool Video Of Carroll................. and a little duct tape :)

shelbymotorsports

That did it, right? Whatever works. It's known as "field engineering" to those who are familiar with the process. The toughest and possibly most rewarding job one can have. Some solutions are not pretty, and Jesus knows they won't pass "code", but they resolve the issue and allow the process to continue. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

Which CSX coupe was this one? Kinda spooky the door wouldn't close. Awesome to see Phil Hill's son driving.

Actually, this happens all the time. Come in for a driver change, everybody is trying to hurry, crew guy slams the door to hard and breaks the hinge or just gets it out of allignment, or a driver gets out grabbing the door and breaking it. During the 24hr of Daytona, you'd be surprised how many cars you will see with racer tape on the doors by the end.

Yea, I believe in duct tape. I used it once to hold my run button down on my SeaDoo because it was made of plastic and fell appart into a dozen pieces. Works wonders! A difinate " must have " in every tool box / emergency kit.

Archived