TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake Reservoir Covers NOW AVAILABLE!

Jer

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jer, will a KR version be offered later on for those cars built with the earlier style master cylinder like the SGTs?

I believe so. I hate to leave ANYONE behind... :salute:

Jer

Looks nice. How about a Shelby GT-H or even just a plain "Shelby" one

There will be a plain "Shelby" one.

Thanks,

Jer

Sorry for my ignorance....where is located the brake reservoir in the engine bay? :drop:

Any picture? :rockon:

Mounted on the firewall, driver's side. This cover goes over the existing white plastic tank.

Jer

Mounted on the firewall, driver's side. This cover goes over the existing white plastic tank.

Jer

,,Hey bro ,, I got a question , I just looked really hard at my 2007 GT/CS and it was built on June 20th,2007 ,, I don't think that these will work on my car ,,my 07 - has a small plastic line ,that comes out brake tank by the back left corner about 1.5 inches - facing the fender inside by the fire wall,, I don't think the cover will go over it ,, I will try and post a picture soon. ,,just saying ,

,,Hey bro ,, I got a question , I just looked really hard at my 2007 GT/CS and it was built on June 20th,2007 ,, I don't think that these will work on my car ,,my 07 - has a small plastic line ,that comes out brake tank by the back left corner about 1.5 inches - facing the fender inside by the fire wall,, I don't think the cover will go over it ,, I will try and post a picture soon. ,,just saying ,

,,OK,, here is a old picture but you can see the plastic part that comes off the back corner of my 2007 GT/CS brake tank ,,, I'll still try and take more pictures soon ,, ,,000144-R1-17-16A.jpg

,,OK,, here is a old picture but you can see the plastic park that comes off the back corner of my 2007 GT/CS brake tank ,,, I'll still try and take more pictures soon ,, ,,000144-R1-17-16A.jpg

, I added a painted picture here so you can see what I mean more ,,thanks again for looking , B) ,,,,,,,,,painted pic.jpg,,the plastic line only comes out about 1.5 inches thoe ,and its right in the corner part . looks like some kinda plug off . or tank grain hole / line .

, I added a painted picture here so you can see what I mean more ,,thanks again for looking , B) ,,,,,,,,,painted pic.jpg,,the plastic line only comes out about 1.5 inches thoe ,and its right in the corner part . looks like some kinda plug off . or tank grain hole / line .

,,Ok,, here's alot better picture :camera: ,,626333-R1-22-2A.jpg,,, " do you think that will be a issue when installing the brake tank cover ? ,, :camera:

626333-R1-22-2A.jpg

,,Ok,, here's alot better picture :camera: ,,626333-R1-22-2A.jpg,,, " do you think that will be a issue when installing the brake tank cover ? ,, :camera:

I'll check on my '07 SGT when I get home.

Jer

I Have an early bulid 08 Shelby GT 11-07-2007 and I have the wider brake reservoir with the same pinched off nipple. Mine is an automatic and this fitting is used for the 5 spd cars to feed the clutch slave cylinder or (CRC) assembly. If you look closely at the picture of the cover on the Shelby website you can see a slot at the back left side allowing for the line to clear. Pretty sure you will be ok. My early bulid GT-500 has the same reservoir but with the hose attached of course for the CRC.

Let us know Jer if I got right.

Thanks

Ted

I Have an early bulid 08 Shelby GT 11-07-2007 and I have the wider brake reservoir with the same pinched off nipple. Mine is an automatic and this fitting is used for the 5 spd cars to feed the clutch slave cylinder or (CRC) assembly. If you look closely at the picture of the cover on the Shelby website you can see a slot at the back left side allowing for the line to clear. Pretty sure you will be ok. My early bulid GT-500 has the same reservoir but with the hose attached of course for the CRC.

Let us know Jer if I got right.

Thanks

Ted

I'll double check as soon as the sun comes up here... can't see a damn thing yet. LOL

Jer

OK, finally bright enough to see here!

Ted is absolutely correct. There are notches in the cover that fit over the hose lines.

Richard, you are good to go!

Thanks, Ted!

Jer

Jer,

Will the cover still allow you to use the Shelby billet fluid caps? Also, I'm disappointed no "S" Snake on the Shelby GT cover.

Dave

Yes, the billet cap will still fit.

As for the "S-snake", if you really want one under your hood, I'd suggest the matching fusebox cover!

http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-Fabricated-Aluminum-Fuse-Box-Cover-p/74220.htm

Jer

Yes, the billet cap will still fit.

As for the "S-snake", if you really want one under your hood, I'd suggest the matching fusebox cover!

http://www.shelbysto...ver-p/74220.htm

Jer

I thought I read somewhere these were no longer being made. Obviously I was mistaken. Okay, you run another 15% off sale and I'll get that and a few other parts I've had my eye on.

Can these be picked up in person or do they have to be shipped?

How many pre-orders would you need to do a set for the 40th owners?

I'm always willing to accomodate people picking them up in person.

As for the "40th", I'll have to look into it.

Jer

Jer,

Will they be offering these in the Anodized Black finish? I'd really like to match my Shelby Extreme Duty Coolant Reservoir Tanks.

clear1x1.gif Thanks,

Mike

No plans for that currently. It may be something we consider in the future, however.

Jer

Archived