TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bad Service from BANGASTANG

Amigo GT500

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only base my opinion on my own personal experiance.

I had no issues. When I called them (more than once), Hendrix personally answered the phone on the second or third ring. My radiator cover shipped in a reasonable amount of time, and it was very nice. I had a question about fitment while installing it, and Hendrix offered a couple different solutions over the phone.

I think their customer service is very good....IMHO.

Z-man

PS - I am only posting this because I hate to see Bangastang contunially bashed on our forum.

I have spent a couple grand over the years and multiple orders and have never had an issue. Just got a shifter ball Saturday from them.

How long ago did you order your shift knob? I ordered mine 2 months ago this week and have not received anything.

I was going to have him make me a radiator cover, but no more...I will buy from someone else.

My experience with Bangastang - Bought a radiator cover for my GT500 and 4 weeks later one showed up at my door that was blue with white stripes instead of the white with blue stripes which is what I had ordered - called them , Hendrix picked up and said he would take care of it after he went back and verified the order , got a RMA and UPS picked it up about a week later then, I waited about 5 weeks more before I received the right one . In the meantime I got a good chuckle as they were sending out e-mail blast to customers that they had a special discount price on a blue with white stripes GT500 radiator cover. I called Hendrix to find out where mine was and asked that since I had been waiting so long why not credit me back some on the price to what he was asking for on the returned one . No such luck - I'm not sure if he waited to sell the returned one (wrong color ) before they started on it's replacement. Bottom line - NOT IMPRESSED with customer service - Deal or NO Deal don't think I'll be going back . One other point was that if you do buy a radiator cover from them you will need to grind down the tops and tabs of your upper radiator brackets - they did NOT inform me of this until after I had attempted to install the cover and got a crack in it while putting the push tabs - the clearance / cutout around the CAI was wrong and the cutout at the hood latch is too tight to where when you release the hood latch the first time it chips the paint . JUST SHARING MY EXPERIENCE. :( :unsure:

Terrible experience with Bangastang. Did I long write up and will look for it.

Andrew

I had nothing but trouble with the arrogant owner. I will never deal with an internet company that hides their physical address and local phone # (again).

I order the radiator cover and he FedEx'ed me a template for my SGT engine plate location, I got ready to FedEx it back to them (at my expense) and they said send it USPS to their PO Box, I said I hate the USPS and do not go to the Post Office and FedEx comes to my work everyday, so I would rather FedEx it back to them (at my expense) they would not give me their physical address and kept arguing I needed to send it via USPS, even though they never said I would have to do that when I ordered. Long and short of it was I won a PayPal dispute and got all my money back.

But it took me, Goggling their trademark to figure out who the owner was (Hendricks F. Nowells) and get his actual address. At that time he worked out of his home and I think it is a hobby and not a real business. Too bad cause he does great work.

This does not take into consideration it took him 6 weeks to send the template to me, mind you collecting 0.08 % interest on my money for 6 weeks !

Maybe someone can think that I want to wash Bangstang with dirty water...here is my order. You can see was placed on Aug 24. I havent received yet!! they dont answer my emails! Nothing! Is it normal? Is this GOOD customer service?...i dont think so!!

More than eight weeks to ship an order? .....and keep counting...............

scan0005.pdf

scan0005.pdf

How long ago did you order your shift knob? I ordered mine 2 months ago this week and have not received anything.

I was going to have him make me a radiator cover, but no more...I will buy from someone else.

Took less than 4 weeks to get the shifter ball. I would assume colors have something to do with it. I had some custom fuel rails done by them a few years ago and when the dealer had questions on the install Bang A Stang worked directly with them to get everything right. On the shifter ball I had trouble with the size to order for a 2008 and contacted them. The web site ordering page was then updated to make it easier to order and I received an email on how to determine the correct size. Obviously a mixed bag of opinions but I search their site first when I am looking for parts.

Took less than 4 weeks to get the shifter ball. I would assume colors have something to do with it. I had some custom fuel rails done by them a few years ago and when the dealer had questions on the install Bang A Stang worked directly with them to get everything right. On the shifter ball I had trouble with the size to order for a 2008 and contacted them. The web site ordering page was then updated to make it easier to order and I received an email on how to determine the correct size. Obviously a mixed bag of opinions but I search their site first when I am looking for parts.

Well one of your one of the lucky one.s When I ordered it, i think the site said it could take up to 3 weeks delivery time (it might of since been changed since I mentioned that in a email to them). But, come on...2 months? And then I find out it won't have the GT500 label on it, just the snake...thats not what their picture shows as an example (or did show).

I am just fed up with them. The only thing that took longer to get to me that I ordered was the car itself. :lol:

No company will cease to exist based on isolated instances of bad customer service. However, consistent service will make or break you. IConsistently bad will break you, consistently good will make you (even though it might not be 100% perfect). However, inconsistent (and theirs seems to hover around 50-50) make it very difficult. Too uncertain for the customer. You don't know what to expect.

i just got the engine dress up kit, and i must say bangastang is busy. it took a few months but the product is worth the wait. hendrix called me yesterday just to see how i was liking the new parts. so your gonna deal with time on custom parts,but again there stuff is awesome.

sometimes ppl will have a bad experience with customer service but it doesnt mean the whole company is trash,

in my personal experience i have ppl praise saying i have help them out and they want my Manager contact info so they can let him know about the job i did, then i have some ppl bash me and threat to go on forums and facebook to bash me and the company because they feel they were wronged

WOW.......I just can't get past it taking 4 Weeks to 4 Months to get a Part. 4 WEEKS to get a Shifter Knob? WOW. I will never shop there. The only thing I can think of is that they do not have any thing in stock and it is Drop Shipped from other Companies. If that is the case, get it from those Companies and save.

WOW.......I just can't get past it taking 4 Weeks to 4 Months to get a Part. 4 WEEKS to get a Shifter Knob? WOW. I will never shop there. The only thing I can think of is that they do not have any thing in stock and it is Drop Shipped from other Companies. If that is the case, get it from those Companies and save.

I have learned my lesson, it will be 2 months to the day on Friday. I will never order anything from Bangastang again. And I have nothing against Hendrix or his products. But, 2 months for a shiftknob? Come on...

sometimes ppl will have a bad experience with customer service but it doesnt mean the whole company is trash,

When "the whole company" is one guy, it does.

Phill

I placed an order on August 24 and they havent sent my items, they dont answer calls, emails or nothing!! What a BAD service from this company!! :rockon:

I have bought from bangastang a rear spolier it took a bit to get but quality was excellent. We have chatted also on facebook he has a good soul and will buy from him again. He does carry a lot of nice body kits !!

Terrible experience with Bangastang ...

... Long and short of it was I won a PayPal dispute and got all my money back.

+1

Don't let me get started on my ordeal filled with the Bangastang's poor customer service! Let's leave it at that. :rant2:

To sum it up..........Bangastang is just "One Guy" and it takes "Weeks to Months" to get your Parts............those that have Orders that take 4 or more Weeks to get their Parts have a bad experience. Is it safe to say that Bangastang does NOT have parts in Stock and everything is Drop Shipped from other Companies?

Well their ears must of been burning this week because I just got my shift knob yesterday. Got it 3 days short of 2 months on order.

Again, the quality is excellent. The delivery time sucks. Suffice to say, last time I give them my business or recommend them to any of my car buddies.

Hi Marc Hill,

Let me respond to your comment and tell the whole story. You ordered a shift knob that had to be custom made upon order because it was not available in Grabber Blue with black stripes. Several other colors were available but not the combination that you ordered. I made the effort to find the company that would make the Shift Knob in your color scheme. This company makes shift knobs for a lot of cars and was backlogged with orders. I cannot control how many backorders a company has nor when a custom product is finished. I ws simply trying to fill a void for a shift knob color that was not available. We DO NOT make the shift knobs nor control production.

Marc, you failed to mentioned that when you ordered the shift knob you didn't even have a GT500 but was waiting for it to be built. Just a small fact that you forgot to mention. You need the car first.

Ever since I pulled my advertising from your forum you seem to have some vendetta against Bangastang. Maybe I should refresh your memory. We were an advertiser on your forum but decided not to renew after our contract was up. You Marc wanted to trade another year of advertsing for a Radiator Cover for your 2003-2004 Cobra and I was not interested. Did you forget about that conversation? You've approached other suppliers with the same offer.....FREE PARTS for advertising and they have also turned you down, I know because they have contacted me.

Marc, we provided you with a product that had to be custom made it was NOT available over the counter but you decide to slam our company after you receive your part. Maybe you don't understand custom made upon order or backorders. I find your actions VERY immature. Would you like people to slam your forum? I don't think so.

I hope you enjoy your Shift Knob.

Why do you need to have the Car FIRST? If someone wanted a Shift Knob for a Shelby but did not own one, you wont sell it to them? You responded to Marc's Post, what about the original Poster, "Amigo GT500"?

Archived