TEAM SHELBY FORUM

An '07 SGT for $18,500?

Rev Dennis

So send him a nice message and educate the numb-nut!

I did that. I thought the advert was, all things considered, well stated and accurate (judging from the photos) so I was not about to give him a hard time about it - just wanted him to clean it up.

Jim

A nice way for someone to get their first Shelby!

Jer

I also complimented the advertiser about the ad and the great vihicle listed, but politlely again mentioned that the detailed description was still in error as there was no '07 Gt350 and the SGT is a nice vehilce in its own right.

The response:

Get a grip will you? Find something to do than e mail dealers about their listing mistakes. This is the second e mail that I received from you on the same subject.

So much for dealer integrity.

Remember - Carroll said "My cars were made to be driven" ! This car was driven, but from the photo it doesn't look abused and was probably loved and taken care of - like we all take care of ours. I would wager that at a show, with no mileage showing on the odometer, you wouldn't think it had over 50G. I believe this is a great car at a great price (if it checks out ). After all you would be getting into a nice Shelby GT for around $20G and it should be good for another 150,000 miles!

I think the price is spot on. At least in my neck of the woods. I recently bought an 07' black SGT with 22K miles for $22,500. In the same town, at the same time, there was another 07' black SGT with over 50K miles on it with a firm price of $18,500. It needed a lot more light cosmetic detailing than the one I bought and had an auto trans. I choose the lower miles Shelby primarily because of the manual trans which to me seemed to be more fun to own. However, I was tempted by the lower priced car. There seem to be a lot of them out there if you look.

You know what I think? I think threads like this suck.

All they do is tick me off at how I think the auto valuation system is completely broken and trying to figure out what a vehicle is worth (with regard to trade-in) these days is virtually impossible and irrelevant. Regardless of what you research, the dealer is always just going to give you the same song and dance about 'we don't use KBB.com... or NADA.com... we go by what the market is doing'. And you can always assured what the "market is doing"... trying to screw you on your trade in.

IF I ever sell my SGT, it will only be by private sale to someone that appreciates it and will pay what it's WORTH, not what a dealer will try and steal it for. Don't me to offend the OP here, this just lit my fuse....

</rant>

Archived