TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New to Shelby and Ford

ksconekiller

Hey all,

I just picked up a 2007 SGT, white with black leather and 5-speed. I bought it from the original owner 200 miles away and drove it home last week. Odometer reading pulling into my driveway was 4548 miles. The car is all stock except for a set of Torq Thrust wheels that the first owner put on the car immediately after buying it. The car came with the original wheels and tires also.

I have owned over 30 cars in the 20 years that I have been driving, but none of them have been a Ford product. However, I have been hooked on Shelby products for a long time and finally found the space in my garage for one. I'm looking forward to enjoying this car for years to come, and I'm glad there is a good community here that I can turn to for questions.

Mike

Mike,

Welcome to our world. While we may drive Shelbys, at our core, we are car guys and gals and enjoy and respect high performance cars of any (pardon the pun) stripe (you may have to get a few beers in some of the folks to coax that admission but you get my drift). We look forward to hearing from you about cars, past and present, you own.

Jim

Hey all,

I just picked up a 2007 SGT, white with black leather and 5-speed. I bought it from the original owner 200 miles away and drove it home last week. Odometer reading pulling into my driveway was 4548 miles. The car is all stock except for a set of Torq Thrust wheels that the first owner put on the car immediately after buying it. The car came with the original wheels and tires also.

I have owned over 30 cars in the 20 years that I have been driving, but none of them have been a Ford product. However, I have been hooked on Shelby products for a long time and finally found the space in my garage for one. I'm looking forward to enjoying this car for years to come, and I'm glad there is a good community here that I can turn to for questions.

Mike

Welcome!

Sounds like you have scored a GREAT car... but I'm biased!

Anyway, yes, most of us here are "car people", regardless of brand. Shelbys are just my favorite, by far!

Email me if I can be of any assistance: JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

Jer

Thanks for all the replies. Even without this forum, I don't think I would have a problem enjoying the car, but this site is a bonus on top of it. The car will be strictly a fair weather driver that won't see much hard use. I am a long time autocrosser, and even though the GT makes a super autocross car, I don't plan to use it for that other than trying it out once. I plan to preserve this car as much as I can, but it won't be a garage queen; I enjoy driving it too much for that.

Archived