TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch Drag TSB - Covered until?

JBarrett

This is my first post here, and I have a question about warranty coverage for the clutch drag TSB. I'm assuming that this is covered by the 5/60 power train coverage, but I'm not 100% sure. Reading through the bits of the TSB I've found online, it doesn't seem to clearly state when coverage ends for this repair. I just want to make sure it isn't 3/36. My build date was 12/07, so I'm assuming it would still be covered. Thanks for any info, and sorry if this is a repost. I didn't see a post specific to this question.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Thanks for the responses.

I knew a clutch would probably be 12/12, but if the failure/damage resulted from a defective flywheel that IS covered...

I guess if I can get them to cover the flywheel (the car does exhibit all of the other symptoms listed in the TSB, except for the hiss with the pedal depressed...it does hiss during release but I understand that's normal) I could supply them with a clutch to install while they are there. I just feel like if the failed part is a covered under warranty, then there should be some consideration for premature failure of related parts. Especially if there is a TSB directly related to the failure and repair that lists the clutch as a part that needs to be replaced.

Any Ford techs/service advisors on here that might clarify this?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I was wondering if anyone has called Ford about their problems? I have a 2007 with 3,200 miles on it, when I took it to the dealer they told me that I needed the TSB done on it. But I was 5 months past warrenty. I called Ford 7 times asking for help with the costs they told me NO that it's past the warrenty, I told them that I bought a lot of Ford cars and truck over my 23 years of buying they told me we can't help. I then told them why didn't contact the owners of these ares and let them know that there's a problem with these 50K Mustangs!!! No reply!!! I then asked why didn't they issue a recall? If the TSB says the clutch could engage on it's own at a light NO reply!!!! I finally called the NHTSA lodge my complaint with them. All I can say is we need to complain to Ford the NHTSA about this issue.......

Wow guys.

You are both new and come to the clutch party 6 years late.

The clutch issue has never created a safety issue and that is why it was never a recall.

Sorry you guys are having troubles with your 2007 GT500's.

Do you have a specific question I can help you with ?

I am the clutch master :hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical:

Wow guys.

You are both new and come to the clutch party 6 years late.

The clutch issue has never created a safety issue and that is why it was never a recall.

Sorry you guys are having troubles with your 2007 GT500's.

Do you have a specific question I can help you with ?

I am the clutch master :hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical:

:hi:

Would this qualify as beating a horse skeleton? I mean, this horse has been dead for a while.............

This is exactly why Ford should have either fixed every car, or extend this warranty for this problem to something like 10 years or 100K.

Clutches are wear items, but the problems these clutches are having, have absolutely nothing to do with normal wear and tear, or even abusive use. These problems are due to a very deficient design and / or manufacturing issues.

We now are starting to see what happens when the next round of new owners, who are buying the cars of their dreams, discover that Ford built a top of the line Mustang, with a highly under-engineered clutch system.

Any normal buyer would assume that the clutch in this car, was designed to be robust, and even if somewhat abused, would hold up. Worst part is the clutch can act totally normal in a test drive, and at any moment, fail, for no reason other than crappy design.

So, even though to many of us this is an old story, there will be many new owners comming into the mix, that will be discovering the magic of a really crappy Ford design.

I still think Ford should have gotten over the whole wear item thing right off the bat, and issued extended warranties, or even an offer to fix every car, no questions asked.

I have several other cars, made by siginificantly more stand up companies than Ford, and I have had them offer a 100K warranty extension for a radiator with a rub point from a shroud, a repair of trim moldings on the windows and roof, with no milage consideration, on a 4 year old car (with 110K miles), repair of a variable valve timing mechanism at 95K miles, and repair of blow door speakers at 100K miles, because they relalized a deficient design. And all of these other cars, cost less than my Shelby. All of these repairs were significantly outside of the warranty period, and yet covered at 100% by them (while giving me a loaner each and every time), because in all cases the manufacturer realized they messed up, and manned up, and said "shame on us, we will cover this". I am not mentioning brands, models, etc... I only point this out, because I know these types of things can be handled better. I experience it personally, but not with Ford.

I just feel Ford should treat us Shelby owners with this level of customer service, in pursuit of customer satifaction. And the people who are just joining us, when they buy a used Shelby....

Archived