TEAM SHELBY FORUM

if you are thinking about tvs for kr !!!!

twicebitten

There is no need to put the procal tune in and it definitely won't make any difference with your field elevation.

If you have the voucher, you might as well use it. Ford will send you the procal handheld tuner to install the procal tune. Menu driven and simple to install. It will store your factory tune.

It's not a full blown handheld. In fact very limited in its use. For example, if you put bigger wheels on, it can handle that computer adjustment to keep your speedometer accurate.

You bought it, so you might as well use it. Will it make a difference in performance? No, I ran both tunes after installing the tvs. The throttle response felt a little more peppy (or it was in my mind) with the procal tune. Dyno will show zero difference between procal and stock KR tune in peak hp.

I finally installed the procal tune simply because I needed the EO# here in CA for smog check to be 100% legal, as advised from ex CA smog inspectors here on this forum. Otherwise, I wouldn't have done it. Continued thanks to those past smog advisements.

Also, going to a smaller pulley later with your tvs makes no difference on when you install the procal tune; ie, if you put the procal tune in tomorrow, and 6 months from now go to a smaller pulley, you won't be changing anything in the procal (or stock KR tune for that matter) tune.

I have the 2.72 pulley on my tvs. For me...that is the smallest I would go. I know others have gone smaller. But that's as small as I would go.

I've got the same setup at Terumi1 (thanks Terumi1) and this is the way the KR should have been outfitted from Shelby in my opinion. The car behaves the same until you get on it. THEN HOLD ON! It is a beast. I can't even imagine what these guy's cars are like with the bigger KB's and Whipple's and all the other hardware. I like the TVS because it still fits under the KRs strut brace.

Does anyone know what kind of power a KR with a TVS puts down?

I can only guess. Stock is around 460 to the wheels so my guess with the TVS would be 520 to the wheels.

THANX GUYS! SOUNDS LIKE THE KR TUNE IS PRETTY VERSATILE IF WILL HANLDE A TVS EVEN WITH A SMALLER PULLEY. I'M IMPRESSED. TERUMI71, ANY DRIVABLITY ISSUES WITH THE SMALLER PULLEY? STILL SMOOTH AND CIVILIZED?

Car drives factory at all parameters with the 2.72 on tvs procal tune or stock KR tune. As 08KR525 mentioned, all civility departs if you get on it. No comparison to stock. I too, feel that the car should have come equipped with this setup from the beginning. It is so factory...and so simple. And such a dramatic difference from stock.

Your KR is in fact very versatile in hardware and software. Up to 800 flywheel hp versatile. 750 to be safe.

Have a great time with the tvs. You're gonna' fall in love with your KR all over again. :)

Does the Kenny Bell fit under the KR hood.

This is what they say on the SPP website. "Fitting under the stock hood (minor notch on the X-brace required) and with no need for headers, cam, porting, etc., these kits offer the most ideal choice in overall power and performance."

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/z16-kb-54-tss-p.htm

Does the Kenny Bell fit under the KR hood.

This is what they say on the SPP website. "Fitting under the stock hood (minor notch on the X-brace required) and with no need for headers, cam, porting, etc., these kits offer the most ideal choice in overall power and performance."

http://www.shelbysto...kb-54-tss-p.htm

KB Does not fit without notching hood, ask me how I know...I have a 2.8LC installed.

KB Does not fit without notching hood, ask me how I know...I have a 2.8LC installed.

Did you notch yours or do you have an SS hood. If you notched it do you have any pictures.

What kind of HP did you get with the KB? Is it worth it?

Does the 2.8LC still fit under the KR's strut tower brace?

Yes -No issues.

Did you notch yours or do you have an SS hood. If you notched it do you have any pictures.

What kind of HP did you get with the KB? Is it worth it?

KR hood notched and engine lowered, See Pics and run sheet. Tuned by Jon Lund:

Engine bay Hood.JPGEngine bay KB set-up side view.JPGEngine bay KB set-up.JPGShelby KR Dyno 9-08-2012.pdf

Engine bay Hood.JPG

Engine bay KB set-up side view.JPG

Engine bay KB set-up.JPG

Shelby KR Dyno 9-08-2012.pdf

Thanks - True it's a beast and I love the power as a KR owner at that. Back to topic. :rockon:

• 4 weeks later...

had ford install the new tvs today. took him only 1 hour and it was done. with an oil change and install the bill was only $242! and now i have a warranty because ford did the install. on the way home, i let it out and saw 12lbs of boost. since i live at 4300 ft, that would equate to 14 pounds at sea level. max boost before was 8 lbs so that's a 4pound increase with the stock 3 inch pulley. traction was limited because of the road temp, 45 degrees, but it really moves now. terumi71...your were right. i've fallen in love all over again. can't wait for next summer when the traction comes back.

Archived