TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many of you think...

michschi

Great looking Shelby and it's your car and your money so the heck with what other owners do with their cars or think of yours. I like stock, but I can certainly appreciate your car and besides all your changes seem to be mods only.

like hyper said your car mod away i actually like the mod them both my shelby and roush have been modded to some degree the shelby more than the roush. i feel it makes each car have its own personality .

i can pick the shelby out from a 1/4 mile away

JIM

Not my cup of tea but, as others have said, it is your car and only you know what your dream car is supposed to look like. What you have done appears to have been done to the highest quality level, which says much about you. Enjoy.

Jim

I don't think you wrecked your SGT at all. Some of your mods are not to my taste, but not everyone can be as sophisticated as I am. :hysterical:

I'm of the camp that most of the modern Shelby's will not be significantly more valuable than their more pedestrian Mustang peers. So, mod away!

I may join you and Andrew and have my stripes done in White. Too many of you Vista Blue SGT's copied mine with the silver! do%20what.gif

Personally I would not go that far in modding a Shelby, but things like this are completely personal and subjective. As you can see, I have modded mine some, but my objective has been to only do things that improve performance in some manner, as opposed to style and show mods. If nothing else that helps me to control costs LOL!!

I think you car looks awesome and I'm digging the cowl hood. For me I have no issued modding a newer car. If it were a sixties car I'd say leave just like the factory built it.

You did not wreck a perfectly good Shelby, you made it to your own taste. I like you car and all the mods you did except the hood, it just don't fit the lines of the car, its to high, that just my opinion.

Most of the Shelby purist Wont like what you did to your car, who cares, i like your car and I bet you did most of the mods yourself. I'm just glad your don't live around me So i don't have to compete with you at car shows. Customs & restomods are in, so don't worry about what the purist think. You have one cool custom SGT/SC ( god forbid I say that)

I'm like alot of the others, I love your car except for the hood. Our Shelby's were not built to be museum pieces, they were built to be driven and enjoyed. When I got mine, I thought I would leave it stock....but that ended quickly. Little by little I'm modifying mine too. The only limit that I've placed on myself is that I will not do away with any of the Shelby specific parts permently. If it was available on a regular GT, then its fair game for replacment. I've also kept any part I've taken off so that I can put it all back someday if I want to

I like it when people do things different, you're car is a great looking and I bet performing rolling art. Keep up the great work ad by the way I am still waiting for that text you were going to send me concerning that top secret place you get that custom gas cap cover, lol.

It's not what I would do but much better than most. It looks good!

My issue is when I think the car no longer looks like a Shelby GT. When you mod the car to that extent I think you, and future collectors, would have been much better served if you had just modded a Mustang GT. Cheaper for you and better given how few of these cars there are to be enjoyed in the future. I think it looks fine, still looks like an SGT, and in the end if you're happy great!

It's not what I would do but much better than most. It looks good!

My issue is when I think the car no longer looks like a Shelby GT. When you mod the car to that extent I think you, and future collectors, would have been much better served if you had just modded a Mustang GT. Cheaper for you and better given how few of these cars there are to be enjoyed in the future. I think it looks fine, still looks like an SGT, and in the end if you're happy great!

+1

Jer

I wrecked a perfectly good Shelby? I ask this because obviously some don't believe in modding these cars, so I am curious as to what the majority thinks. BE HONEST!

The side view looks great and overall the car is beautiful...but if I had to pick out the things I don't care for - the hood and I don't like how the grilles look. I think they'd look better if they were both all blacked out.

The side view looks great and overall the car is beautiful...but if I had to pick out the things I don't care for - the hood and I don't like how the grilles look. I think they'd look better if they were both all blacked out.

Intercooler bro! lol

Archived