TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No supercharger whine on the 13's

braztang

I remember watching some cool videos of 2012 and older, and always heard the whining of the supercharger, which I thought it was simply awesome!

I drove from SC to NY and did not hear a thing, put down the windows, turned the stereo off...

Is there anything you could do o hear the whine?

Tks,

Braztang

I remember watching some cool videos of 2012 and older, and always heard the whining of the supercharger, which I thought it was simply awesome!

I drove from SC to NY and did not hear a thing, put down the windows, turned the stereo off...

Tks,

Braztang

FRPP resonator delete

Agree. My '03 Cobra would howl. The 13 is not nearly as loud, but it will still make some noise. The problem is that the damn thing is so fast that it is difficult to get deep into the boost in order to get it whining on public roads. 115mph on an onramp can get a little interesting... :) You can certainly hear the 13s howl if you watch them on a dyno.

braztang, not to be an ass, but are you sure you are using enough of the pedal on the right to get it to whine?

Or to really hear it scream, JLT carbon fiber CAI. Mine sounds like an F16 Turbine!

Iceman, what else are you running besides the JLT CAI??

Didn't want to change the pulley just yet and wasn't sure if you had to add a tune with the CAI.

Thanks

Yea, I know theres a bunch already. but this was taken same place, same time. If you notice KB peaks and then actually gets quieter as the revs climb. The stock TVS on mine continues to get louder as the RPM's rise. The sound was unaltered in these videos.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be back home sometime this afternoon after a tour in Sudan and my Ford Racing reso delete tube and a K&N air filter are there waiting to be installed!

I will post after I install it and test it for sound improvement.

Take care.

braztang

Tks,

Braztang

It will get louder as you put more miles on the car, Mine is just starting to make more whine at a 1000 miles, and of course you need to

push down a little harder on the right pedal to get it to spool up!!! :happy feet:

Hey guys, SAFELY back home, instaled the resonator delete and the K&N filter, did 70 miles on the car.

The sound did not increase, as mentioned in a post, if you get over 4K RPM then you can here it a little bit, but not much, and 4K, By the way, means about 130MPH! So not that easy.

Not worth it spending over a 100 Dollars for those mods.

Take care everyone,

braztang

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, SAFELY back home, instaled the resonator delete and the K&N filter, did 70 miles on the car.

The sound did not increase, as mentioned in a post, if you get over 4K RPM then you can here it a little bit, but not much, and 4K, By the way, means about 130MPH! So not that easy.

Not worth it spending over a 100 Dollars for those mods.

Take care everyone,

braztang

Yea the resonator delete really is a waste of money lol. I just got the JLT carbon fiber tube because I wanted it to look like carbon fiber. This probably the only mod just based on a performance or effect point of view (since there is no performance gain from this) I would not do again on this particular car because of the TVS. I hear though the big air JLT intakes make the whine scream.

$50 on the Ford Racing Resonator delete isn't a waste of money. I noticed an increase in the supercharger sound and after I looked at the old resonator it was easier to determine it was bulkier and provided less airflow. Maybe the JLT product while arguably looking better doesn't offer the same benefit.

$50 on the Ford Racing Resonator delete isn't a waste of money. I noticed an increase in the supercharger sound and after I looked at the old resonator it was easier to determine it was bulkier and provided less airflow. Maybe the JLT product while arguably looking better doesn't offer the same benefit.

Ezareth read the thread carefully. This is becuase you don't have a 13. All other shelbys yes the JLT resonator delete and FRPP delete made the supercharge much louder but becuase the TVS is that much more efficient it is naturally quieter.

• 1 month later...

Ezareth read the thread carefully. This is becuase you don't have a 13. All other shelbys yes the JLT resonator delete and FRPP delete made the supercharge much louder but becuase the TVS is that much more efficient it is naturally quieter.

You're assuming I didn't read the thread. This isn't just a problem with the 13s. People had the same complaint with the 11s and 12s being too quiet. Sound is all subjective in these cases anyways. The part for the 2013 is still the same construction as the 2011. Eliminating the Resonator muffler and replacing it with a FRPP delete WILL increase the supercharger sound and improve airflow. Whether you think you notice the difference is the subjective piece.

Yea the resonator delete really is a waste of money lol. I just got the JLT carbon fiber tube because I wanted it to look like carbon fiber. This probably the only mod just based on a performance or effect point of view (since there is no performance gain from this) I would not do again on this particular car because of the TVS. I hear though the big air JLT intakes make the whine scream.

The JLT 127 you speak of also requires a tune. I thought we were talking plug &play sound increase.

The JLT 127 you speak of also requires a tune. I thought we were talking plug &play sound increase.

For plug and play I think IMO there is nothing. I know some say that is subjective but I don't believe so. You either hear a whine or you don't. I have been in 2 2013 gt500s including my own with the resonator delete and it helps with the whine a teeeeny tiny bit only at certain times at RPMs above 3k. It is very inconsistent though. When you compare that to the increase in whine from the 127 JLT then will you think the resonater delete is crap and really just for looks. I rode in a 2012 with the same JLT resonator delete and I heard the supercharger a lot because it is the older eaton. Anyone saying this makes a huge difference in a 2013 is imaging whines.

• 2 months later...

Archived