TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Difference between 2012 and 2013

67Cobra

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just a ridge on the trailing edge about 1/16" tall. Nothing more. You can buy the part for about $30 and swap out your own.

ALL 2010's have the "high downforce" (SVTPP) Gurneyflap on them.

In 2011 when they added the SVTPP option, they "dumbed down" the base GT500 wickerbill so they could advertise 20% more downforce w/only 5% more drag on the SVTPP option so now there are two options.

This is also where their "tunable" claim stems from.

So either order a 2010 GT500 wickerbill or a 2011+ SVTPP wickerbill (vs a 2011+ "Base") and you'll get the little lip on the end for more downforce w/minimal drag.

Someone HAS posted comparison pics on TS, I just don't know where they are and all my pics were lost in my HD reload.

Phill

ALL 2010's have the "high downforce" (SVTPP) Gurneyflap on them.

In 2011 when they added the SVTPP option, they "dumbed down" the base GT500 wickerbill so they could advertise 20% more downforce w/only 5% more drag on the SVTPP option so now there are two options.

This is also where their "tunable" claim stems from.

So either order a 2010 GT500 wickerbill or a 2011+ SVTPP wickerbill (vs a 2011+ "Base") and you'll get the little lip on the end for more downforce w/minimal drag.

Someone HAS posted comparison pics on TS, I just don't know where they are and all my pics were lost in my HD reload.

Phill

Phill,

I posted these pics some time back (forget when too) and they're not great, but they do show the wickerbill "lip" on a 2011 SVTPP spoiler...

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

• 4 years later...

Hello,

I am new on here and I own 13' GT500. I drove a 12', before I bought the 13' and my purchase was solely based on the body style. Both cars were incredible and both drove great. The 12' seemed to be a little quicker on the take off, but being able to go from 0-65 in first gear, seemed to sway me a little more. The 12' (stock) seemed to die out around 160mph. The 13' (stock) was able to reach 190mph in 5th gear and 220mph in 6th, without any trouble at all. Let's face it, we all Love Shelby's or we wouldn't be on here discussing them. Everyone is different and putting someone down for the year of Shelby they have, is a little ridiculous! The 13' is heavier, to make it somewhat safer at 200mph (Not 100% on that) but with a few modifications, any of the Shelby's should be able to hit the 200 mph mark. Let's just agree that all Shelby's are Awesome, no matter what year they are.

Archived