TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Zone rep sent my car to the plant

sbornitz

My dealers rep sent my order on April 11th or 12th. My dealer was telling me to expect early June. I just got off the phone with customer service and I do not have a VIN yet but they are saying May 14th for delivery to the dealer. The car was serialized last week. Does this time frame seem right? To me it seems a little short.

I am in Wisconsin so the car will have a short train ride to Chicago and then a short transport ride to Wisconsin.

So what have you guys experienced in this process? Believe me at this point I am just happy to be scheduled before June.

My dealers rep sent my order on April 11th or 12th. My dealer was telling me to expect early June. I just got off the phone with customer service and I do not have a VIN yet but they are saying May 14th for delivery to the dealer. The car was serialized last week. Does this time frame seem right? To me it seems a little short.

I am in Wisconsin so the car will have a short train ride to Chicago and then a short transport ride to Wisconsin.

So what have you guys experienced in this process? Believe me at this point I am just happy to be scheduled before June.

How did they look anything up without a vin?

And if they showed your dealer was scheduled to get one and they said it was serialized last week then why didn't they give you the vin? Are you sure that is your car and not another GT500 they may have coming in?

If they issued a vin then your dealer can pull that up and get it for you. And if they issued a vin then that means they scheduled a build date. Ford issues a vin when they schedule the build date.

Your dealer can pull that up and get it for you. Your salesperson may not have access to that but who ever does the ordering for the dealership does and can get it.

How did they look anything up without a vin?

And if they showed your dealer was scheduled to get one and they said it was serialized last week then why didn't they give you the vin? Are you sure that is your car and not another GT500 they may have coming in?

If they issued a vin then your dealer can pull that up and get it for you. And if they issued a vin then that means they scheduled a build date. Ford issues a vin when they schedule the build date.

Your dealer can pull that up and get it for you. Your salesperson may not have access to that but who ever does the ordering for the dealership does and can get it.

I have been checking using my order # and the dealer code from the order sheet the dealer gave me. I will now try the dealer so see if he knows more.

I have been checking using my order # and the dealer code from the order sheet the dealer gave me. I will now try the dealer so see if he knows more.

Being "Serialized" by definition means you got a VIN. Your dealer should be able to look it up for you. Mine was serialized March 1, and I'm expecting delivery next week, so a one month turnaround does seem a little too quick.

It has been 8 weeks and 2 days for us but the car is suppose to be there today or tomorrow. Don't believe everything they tell you. They have good intentions but the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

About a month after "Rel from plant" on a coupe is about average. Verts a little quicker because of no over the top strips.

About a month after "Rel from plant" on a coupe is about average. Verts a little quicker because of no over the top strips.

+1

The striping process is a mess for some reason. When they get sent across the street, I think they fall into a black hole. I little birdy once told me striping takes about 2-5 days, but then the car sits for around 3 weeks before being sent to Autoport. Don't ask me why.

I thought the 5.0 article about the assembly process said they were moving the striping process in house?

Evidentally not. They apply the side stripes in-house, but they still send 'em across the street for the over-the-top stripes.

(Although, because I'm special, my over-the-top stripes were applied in-house)

Once your car is bucked .... and than released from the plant .. your ETA is closer to being exact. The ETC they give u early on can and prob will be changed several times.

Just be patient ... it sounds like its getting real close !

Archived