TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strongly thinking of selling

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Low to mid 50K range for a quick sale. High 50s to low 60s if you hold out. Only 88 of those Vista Blue '09s in existance.

If I had more cash on hand, I'd make an offer. :)

Low to mid 50K range for a quick sale. High 50s to low 60s if you hold out. Only 88 of those Vista Blue '09s in existance.

If I had more cash on hand, I'd make an offer. :)

Hold out for what....Spring??

As an owner of an '09 Vista Blue, my initial reaction would be to tell you to hold on to it if you can. Having said that, cars are not really the best investment, and if you don't drive the KR, the rational choice would be to sell it now and use the proceeds in a more efficient manner, such as the purchase of a second house.

+1, if you're not enjoying the car, sell it and use the $ for real estate with a better chance of return. If you want to enjoy, drive it. Keeping it in the garage isn't doing anything at all. That's what Corvette owners do. I would love to have a KR like yours. I would drive it and show it off everywhere. I have 32K on my 500.

By the way, the '74 SD Trans-Am was the last musclecar of that era. Low HP (290), but it still ran 13's in the quarter.

I think you need to drive it more. If you did, you would enjoy it and not want to sell it. Sell something else!!! Keep the KR!!!! Have a garage building party and invite some really good carpenters! Come on, be creative. Did I mention, don't sell the KR!!!!

4 times the price??? Not in any of our lifetimes. You can buy a car anytime, he is not even driving it.

The Economy is not going to get better in the next 4 years, sell it now, the value is going to go down short term, not up.

Not what I wrote. What I'm getting at is the fact that restoring a Clasic Shelby will generaly cost a whole lot more than original purchase price. The average guy can't by a one owner low mileage or new GT500 just anytime and it's getting harder every year for most people to spend 50K+ on any kind of car. I'm far from an expert, but we can agree to disagree.

I thought of that but Carroll numbered it also so it wouldn't go with any other shelby, and not to be crude or anything but doesn't that make my KR a little more desirable??

It definately does. Have you seen what those signed covers are going for on ebay? :spend:

If you decide to sell your KR, don't give it away.

Not what I wrote. What I'm getting at is the fact that restoring a Clasic Shelby will generaly cost a whole lot more than original purchase price. The average guy can't by a one owner low mileage or new GT500 just anytime and it's getting harder every year for most people to spend 50K+ on any kind of car. I'm far from an expert, but we can agree to disagree.

Got it, that makes sense, I get it. I am not sure we disagree, I interpreted it wrong.

I believe there are 188 or so Vistas not 88.

I think the stock on KRs will definitely rise in the future assuming (1) our country gets back on track and the (2) the world doesn't fall into WWIII over Iran.

There are only 1600 (less now due to attrition) of them and they are the last pre title Shelby Mustangs to ever come out of SAI.

Cars generally are not an investment. You buy and keep a car because you love it and enjoy it. If your priority is to get a new house and you need to sell the KR then sell. The buy in price for another KR in the future may be higher but you will be able to find another one.

I believe there are 188 or so Vistas not 88.

I think the stock on KRs will definitely rise in the future assuming (1) our country gets back on track and the (2) the world doesn't fall into WWIII over Iran.

There are only 1600 (less now due to attrition) of them and they are the last pre title Shelby Mustangs to ever come out of SAI.

Cars generally are not an investment. You buy and keep a car because you love it and enjoy it. If your priority is to get a new house and you need to sell the KR then sell. The buy in price for another KR in the future may be higher but you will be able to find another one.

Total 2009 GT500KR production = 712

Silver Metallic with vista blue stripes: 278

Ebony Black with satin ebony stripes: 236

Colorado Red with silver stripes: 110

Vista Blue with silver stripes: 88

Total 2009 GT500KR production = 712

Silver Metallic with vista blue stripes: 278

Ebony Black with satin ebony stripes: 236

Colorado Red with silver stripes: 110

Vista Blue with silver stripes: 88

I wonder if he's counting both years, '08 and '09?

Do you have a tally for both?

Phill

Yes, I was referring to both years. Total Vista Blues.

There is no difference between years except one year is the anniversary year the other is last year of production for KR.

+ minor differences, like the flywheel, brake reservoir, and possibly other small production changes. Any Vista Blue KR though, is quite a rare car.

Archived