TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Build Monday, October 1st

Squirrel 007

Well my car is finally going down the line tomorrow. Just four days short of three months from order date. Mine is black with white stripes. I haven't seen anybody else here mention that they ordered a car that looks like a big skunk. :hysterical2: My dealer is just 50 miles from the assembly plant in Flat Rock so I expect a quick delivery. I just have to make sure when the salesman drives it the 15 miles to my house to make the delivery he doesn't beat on it. How are you supposed trust the salesman to do right? I think he will be itchin' to get the riding crop out and whack it in the flanks to see what it will do. I hope not. Maybe I should send the wife to ride with him just to be sure he toes the line. :club:

Send the wife to pick it up.

Let's see, let the wife drive it, Hmmmm. She rear ends a car with her Explorer, drives my Ranger in a heavy snow and gets impatient behind someone she thinks is driving too slow on the freeway and whips the wheel to go into the next lane and pounds the gas. She loses it, shoots through the median, across the other side of the freeway and off the road almost ripping the passenger front wheel off. Nooooooo, I don't think I will let her drive it. Now you got me thinking. Maybe I will call my old boss up from Ford. He has a nice 10 second Mustang he built and I think he will drive it easy. AAAARRRGGGGGGGG! They should let me go home and pick it up then come back here. :banghead:

Problem solved! The salesman will not be able to beat on it when he brings it to my house. It is coming in a covered trailer to my garage from the dealer. My salesman says the scoops and louvers are in and the body shop is painting them now. It was built Monday so once the stripes are on and a truck heads towards my dealer (50 miles trip) it will be heading to my house. Now a year and a half from now I will finally be able to see it but it will still be brand new. Just have to con the Serius Satelite Radio company into not starting to count my free six months from delivery date until I am back home. :peelout:

Problem solved! The salesman will not be able to beat on it when he brings it to my house. It is coming in a covered trailer to my garage from the dealer. My salesman says the scoops and louvers are in and the body shop is painting them now. It was built Monday so once the stripes are on and a truck heads towards my dealer (50 miles trip) it will be heading to my house. Now a year and a half from now I will finally be able to see it but it will still be brand new. Just have to con the Serius Satelite Radio company into not starting to count my free six months from delivery date until I am back home. :peelout:

first off, thank you for your service. as for the Sirius, you can listen online for free with your account so you can listen to Howard Stern on your laptop while you are over seas.

Archived