TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT500 Strut Tower Brace ?

jak

+1

The nice FRPP 07-09 does not fit. I tried.

The flimsy FRPP 10 is no longer available...

I think the double tube (v2010) STB is still available at buyfordracing.com

I know I just recently saw it SOMEWHERE. Maybe back on fordracingparts.com???

Phill

The 07-09 GT500 brace fits and doesn't rub the hood blanket like the FRPP, which I had... You can pick one up on ebay for less than $75.00 and paint to match. JLT has them as well...

The KR style STB is supposed to fit too. But now I can't find one that doesn't cost a arm/leg. Shelby had them for sale CHEAP ($75?) awhile back and I should'a jumped on one then but I didn't know for sure if it would fit or not. Since then, someone confirmed that they will/do.

Phill

The KR style STB is supposed to fit too. But now I can't find one that doesn't cost a arm/leg. Shelby had them for sale CHEAP ($75?) awhile back and I should'a jumped on one then but I didn't know for sure if it would fit or not. Since then, someone confirmed that they will/do.

Phill

I have the 08-09 KR FRPP bar and it is far from bolting-on my 2012...

I doubt that spacers would do it since it would raise it to the point of getting it into the hood...

The std 07-09 fits, that is true, but it is not as sexy...by far!

I have the 08-09 KR FRPP bar and it is far from bolting-on my 2012...

Hmmmm. That's not good to hear. What's the problem? Hood clearance or supercharger clearance? I would think it would clear the HOOD without any problem since it fit the Gen1 GT500's so......Supercharger???

Phill

Hey all!

got the Ford Racing double tube Strut tower brace. They are discontinued but managed to find one.

More expensive (prices went up since it is discontinued)than the other braces but will fit fine with a resonator delete tube from FRPP.

Don't like the idea of using spacers and shims to make it work.

thanks to all who responded.