TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 supercharger on your 07 - 12

sheppd01

Not sure of this is old news or not.

Ford Racing Performance Parts is now offering an upgrade kit that swaps out the 1.9-liter supercharger for the larger 2.3-liter TVS unit. Part number M-6066-MSVT23, the kit includes the supercharger with 68mm pulley, Cobra Jet oval throttle body and adapter and a 2013 GT500 supercharger belt. Sensors are not included, a different size belt may be necessary and a custom calibration is required. Retail pricing is listed at $3,329.00.

http://realperformancemustangs.com/general-mustang-related-discussion/new-product-ford-racing-tvs-supercharger-upgrade-kit-for-2007-2012-shelby-gt500/

Seeing as im ignorant on the subject. What so called "sensors" are not included?

Throttle Position Sensor (TPS), Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF), Intake Air Temp (IAT), etc..

It appears the electronics for the throttle blade are included though.

Phill

Since Shelby is apparently not returning take-off parts to '13 Super Snake customers, they may offer them for sale as well (or not).

I'm sure they will. They used to sell the Eaton take-offs for $499.oo ea.

Phill

With the new '13 Shelby's greater performance I would venture to say that Super Snake production will be lower than previous model years. That and along with the economy, there may not be too many take-offs available.

And if I remember right, a Supercharger upgrade on a SS is crazy high priced so I'd venture to say that there will be a minimal amount of SC upgrades for the SS's.

But remember....There's still another full year of GT500 production coming down the pipe.

Phill

The SVT TVS is much better than the FRPP TVS

It has about the same power potential as the VMP TVS.

And yes for some, the "5.8" sucks for retro-swaps but you can get rid of it easily.

I bet a lot of 2013 owners will not go for a supercharger upgrade...you are right.

Everything that I have read says the SVT one is slightly better flowing due to its bigger inlet, but that is not an issue if you port the FRPP version like VMP does. My first one took me a couple of hours to do.

Everything that I have read says the SVT one is slightly better flowing due to its bigger inlet, but that is not an issue if you port the FRPP version like VMP does. My first one took me a couple of hours to do.

I think the outlet (on the SVT 2.3) is larger too.

I say, I THINK....

Phill