TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Someone please explain to me...

cgrove04

The exact peocess of ordering a gt 500. So I got a dealers 2nd allocation order put in 2 weeks ago. My salesman honestly sounds like he doesn't know anything about ordering it, or where to check the status. I mentioned to go on fmcdealer and tell me wat it says, so hes suppose to email back later today. I just sorta want to know what to expect and how to get the info I want throughout the ordering process.

The exact peocess of ordering a gt 500. So I got a dealers 2nd allocation order put in 2 weeks ago. My salesman honestly sounds like he doesn't know anything about ordering it, or where to check the status. I mentioned to go on fmcdealer and tell me wat it says, so hes suppose to email back later today. I just sorta want to know what to expect and how to get the info I want throughout the ordering process.

And this surprises you?

I am thinking about starting this soon for my SS, but am also afraid the little dealer in my town will not even have an allocation or will want to markup the price a few thou for me to order. Are the allocations on the GT500 a problem, and are the dealers trying to gouge the customers?

I am thinking about starting this soon for my SS, but am also afraid the little dealer in my town will not even have an allocation or will want to markup the price a few thou for me to order. Are the allocations on the GT500 a problem, and are the dealers trying to gouge the customers?

Yes and yes. Actually the allocations are not a problem. Many dealers are using theirs up quicker than they expected. I am thinking Ford will limit the number produced for 2013 to around 4500 cars. But a strong yes on the gouging of the customers. Some dealers are marking theirs up $5-20K while others are asking sticker. You can find some dealers below sticker.

haha good one doug, I just want to know what happens. Like fmcdealer says the order is processed? then it gets a vin, then it gets a build date? Just wondering where to find this stuff at

I really don't know sorry... but you may want to try Grabber, he has been a help in the past for other people.

Did you get a Vehicle Order Confirmation Form from your dealer when you ordered the car? If you didn't you need to get one. The order number and dealer number will be on the form, you will need both of them to check order status.

Call SVT @ 800-367-3788 option 1 and ask them for the order status on a GT500, they will ask you for the order number and dealer code or number. Ask them if they see anything in the status that may delay your order. Normal order status is "In Order Processing" and "Unscheduled" or "Material Hold".

The only people that can confirm an allocation is your dealer. A dealer can order a GT500 without an allocation and you will still get a status report from SVT, but without an allocation the car will never be built. Be careful, there are plenty of dealer that do this all the time and never tell their customers until it is too late to do anything about it. If a dealer does not have an allocation, he probably won't be getting one this year unless he buys it from a dealer that already has one. In that case you should consider finding a dealer that has an unused allocation for a 2014 GT500.

haha good one doug, I just want to know what happens. Like fmcdealer says the order is processed? then it gets a vin, then it gets a build date? Just wondering where to find this stuff at

Your dealer gets a DORA Dealer order acknowlegement first & then he is given Vin & build date forget what that is called but they will have all this info . They have 5 days after the Dora I believe to make changes to that order .

Talk to someone at your dealer that does the ordering they should have all the info.

Archived