TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Favorite comment about your car?

thewheelman

I'm still amazed--my car is 5 years old, been on the street for 4 and yet, it never fails to draw comments. I was at the carwash Saturday and the guy in the next stall didn't say anything to me but he brought his girl around to look the GT 500 over. He was driving a 70something F-100. I've tried to remember some of my favorite comments about the car and my top 3 are:

3) (from the cart wrangler at WalMart) "Bitchin' man, bitchin"

2) (from a kid at Sonic with a brand new V6 Challenger) "Cool, parking next to you makes my car look fast."

1) (from a child at the car wash back in the spring) "Look, it's breathing fire!" (steam was coming out of the hood vents)

What are your favorite comments about your car?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was sitting in the car visiting with some ladies outside a restaurant and 2 guys walked by-stopped dead in their tracks and said-"Is that your car?" I said yes, and then they said "and you can drive it?" asked what they meant and they said "its a stick shift isn't it?" I said yes but the truck has 13 speeds and this only 6.

Two boys walked by as I was gassing the car and asked if it was a Shelby-then how much is it-the one says he wants to buy one when he grows up-the other says "you're going to have to mow a lot of lawns".

High school football team was going to the field as I drove by and they all stopped and gave the thumbs up-

I just love these stories! :happy feet:

My grandson is 13 and he has all his friends asking him if his gramma will give them a ride in that cool car! He loves it when I pick him up at school.

Other than tons of comments, thumbs up and honking horns the best was from the Woodward cruise

We pulled out from the ninth mile and drove north and while traveling in bumper to bumper traffic through an under pass ( best sound) I hung back about ten car lengths waiting and this 9-10 year old cute blonde girl rolls Down the rear window in her parents SUV and says excuse me mister, I said yes, she asks me are you going to do a burn out

I said YES, yes I am

After a long loud burn out she rolls her window back down and says thank you in the sweetest voice

We roared at it and gave her another one

Gotta love Woodward

I was sitting in the car visiting with some ladies outside a restaurant and 2 guys walked by-stopped dead in their tracks and said-"Is that your car?" I said yes, and then they said "and you can drive it?" asked what they meant and they said "its a stick shift isn't it?" I said yes but the truck has 13 speeds and this only 6.

Two boys walked by as I was gassing the car and asked if it was a Shelby-then how much is it-the one says he wants to buy one when he grows up-the other says "you're going to have to mow a lot of lawns".

High school football team was going to the field as I drove by and they all stopped and gave the thumbs up-

I just love these stories! :happy feet:

That's how Gary Patterson got started!

While not on the Shelby, I have to share this one as I couldn't stop cracking up. At a horse show this weekend, my father in law had the maiden voyage in his new massive Renegade IKON motorcoach (about $750K motorcoach mind you). There was a bright eyed, about 10 yr old boy there just going gaga over it. He asked my father in law "Is that yours?" "Yes" he replied. "Wow, did you find that on Craigs list?"

I pulled up behind a stopped school bus as it unloaded a few kids, two boys sitting in the back of the bus turned around to wave to there friends as the bus pulled away and noticed my GT500 behind them. They went crazy and soon the rest of the kids on the bus ran to the back and started giving me the thumbs up. I'm sure the bus driver didnt want to give me the thumbs up as it disrupted the entire bus load of kids. It got so bad I had to turn off and take another road home to calm down the kids.

I had the Boss 302 at a car show in Sacramento. Some kid who was about 6 starts screaming:

"Grandma!"

"Graaaaandmaaaaaaa!"

"Come on!"

"Hurry!"

"Hurrrrrrrrrrrry!"

"Loooooooook!"

"Seeeeee! It's EXACTLY like my remote control car!!!!"

It pretty much made my day. :rockon:

Maybe he had something like this: http://www.trendtime...g-boss-302.html

I am on my way to MN Cars and Coffee (picture in my avatar). A guy walks up to me at the gas station and asks, "you ever have this at Cars and Coffee"? I said I am heading there now... He replies, "Dude, this car is so worthy of Cars and Coffee". See you there!

I am driving the Shelby one morning thru Leesburg, Fl on 441 going to work. Top is down, radio playing Jimmy Buffett.

Stop at a red light and a guy with a beat up Nissan, rolls window down and says "hey, wanna race for Pinks?" My reply was "no thanks, dont want your car". His reply was " Neither do I". :hysterical2:

Then he gave me the thumbs up :rockon: and I continued on to work...made my day. :bandance:

Guest markham51

My 6 yr old grandaughter has had numerous rides in my current model Mustangs and muscle cars (GT500SS, GT500 Convert, GT. Corvette, etc.)...but only once did she say "cool car Grandpa"...the moment she sat down....in the front passenger's seat of my 68KR convert. Ill always remember that comment, and some day I'm going to buy her the Mustang of her dreams.

I've had plenty of awesome comments over the past 5 years. A great, but simple one, happened today...

It was incredible weather here in Atlanta today...high of 75 and low of 58 so I just had to take the SGT today to work. I dropped the top on the way out of the office for the 15 mile ride home. I was on the last leg of the trip...a 4 mile ride down Hwy 400 South. I was in the middle lane of a 5 lane wide highway doing a comfortable 70 mph when a older Ford Explorer pulled up in the fast lane with his windows down.

The driver was a gentleman about mid 40s, and he honked his horn about 5 or 6 short, quick blasts as he got next to me so I glanced over at him. He had matched my speed, and was looking at me grinning ear to ear....didn't say a word but gave me a huge thumbs up for about 30 seconds!!

I waved politely, grinned back so he was sure to know I was enjoying my commute home, and gave him a thumbs up in return. He quickly sped off, and I merged over to get off at the next exit.

I smiled the whole way home!! I wouldn't trade this car for all the tea in China....and I drink a lot of tea!

Andy.

The owner of a Corvette parked next to me at a show said "If they mate I want pick of the litter". Guess he knew the offspring would be awesome.

:shift: :burnout:

As long as it still had a Ford Blue Oval on it, it would darn good looking too!!!

I was at the Ford Dealer getting my 5k oil change with my two daughters. When the service rep came to let me know it was done...I shouted out for my daughters. Every guy in the lobby stopped and looked at me...one of them yelled at me " you must have the GT500, awesome ride."

My youngest daughter is named Carroll

My eldest is named Shelby

I was at the Ford Dealer getting my 5k oil change with my two daughters. When the service rep came to let me know it was done...I shouted out for my daughters. Every guy in the lobby stopped and looked at me...one of them yelled at me " you must have the GT500, awesome ride."

My youngest daughter is named Carroll

My eldest is named Shelby

+1,000

Great names :wub2:

Driving through a lot one day stopped at a crosswalk for pedestions. A mother and her 5 to 6 year old son was crossing. The boy said "look mom race car". I thoujght that was the cutest thing I ever heard. Never will ever forget it. I enjoy going to cruiseins and letting kids getting picture's taken with my car.

• 2 weeks later...

It was December 2006 when my nephew and I were bringing the Shelby home from the dealership on an open car hauler. We pulled in to a gas station to fuel the truck. We both get out and this man comes up to the car and yells, "No f***ing way. You c**k s**ker. No f***ing way!" He was more excited to see the car than I was when we picked it up at the dealership.

My nephew continues to tell the story as it made quite an impression on him at the time, and he is 40 years old.

Archived