TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New owner of GT-H 07H333

aupanther33

Hard to believe that after three decades of GM ownership(various trucks, multiple 67/68 Camaros to name a few) I'm about to add another Ford to my garage to keep my F-150 company. Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks (ok I'm a slow learner!). As I start this thread my car is somewhere between Cali and Oklahoma after which it will continue on to Florida, a new garage and my thirteen year old son who has already laid claim to it.

As with all of my recent vehicles, it's these forums that really enhance the enjoyment of ownership, so I just wanted to thank everyone here who has already added so much to owning a car that I've yet to see in person. I look forward to many years of Shelby ownership and I will post pictures when I get them.

Paul

Hard to believe that after three decades of GM ownership(various trucks, multiple 67/68 Camaros to name a few) I'm about to add another Ford to my garage to keep my F-150 company. Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks (ok I'm a slow learner!). As I start this thread my car is somewhere between Cali and Oklahoma after which it will continue on to Florida, a new garage and my thirteen year old son who has already laid claim to it.

As with all of my recent vehicles, it's these forums that really enhance the enjoyment of ownership, so I just wanted to thank everyone here who has already added so much to owning a car that I've yet to see in person. I look forward to many years of Shelby ownership and I will post pictures when I get them.

Paul

Paul,

Congrats on your Shelby GTH purchase. I just sent you an email regarding your permanent dash plaque request.

Steve

That's great. Enjoy the car and it will bring lots of fun for you and your son. My 13 year old son won't let me go anywhere in mine without knowing where, why and who. It is great to get them going in this hobby we have.

Happy Motoring!

Congrats! Welcome! Any questions, feel free to ask! Not much we haven't experienced with these cars on this forum! My original intent was to leave mine all stock, and now will be picking it up today with it's new aluminator motor, FRP CNC heads, and much more. It's been painted with stripes, on and on. The GT-H is a wonderful car to have! I'm hoping I'll be able to add an 07 vert someday.

Thanks guys, one slight issue that I know of is a small chip on the corner of the hood at the drivers side. I spoke to the dealer who had originally sold this car(he has sold over 100 of them) and he confirmed that was the way the car came from Hertz and was how it was sold to my seller. His feeling was not to do anything about it and that it most likely happened when the car was being built as he has seen this before. My decision will be whether or not to replace the hood, though I'm inclined to just live with it. Curious if any of you have run into other cars with this or other hood imperfections, thanks everyone!

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I figure the car should be between Oklahoma and Florida, so I'm thinking I have an outside chance of having the car and being able to post pics by Sunday night. I got all of the extra bits in an overnight from the seller last night, dash plaque, sticker, invoice and a bunch of literature, so needless to say my appetite has been sufficiently whet! Best part is that my son thinks that I missed buying the car so he has no idea it's coming, does that me a fun dad or a cruel dad?

Thanks guys, one slight issue that I know of is a small chip on the corner of the hood at the drivers side. I spoke to the dealer who had originally sold this car(he has sold over 100 of them) and he confirmed that was the way the car came from Hertz and was how it was sold to my seller. His feeling was not to do anything about it and that it most likely happened when the car was being built as he has seen this before. My decision will be whether or not to replace the hood, though I'm inclined to just live with it. Curious if any of you have run into other cars with this or other hood imperfections, thanks everyone!

:camera:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived