TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Weather In Terlingua

VorpalBunny

Just 4 days from the pre-event meetup and 5 from the official kickoff for T12!!

A full day and two nights of wonderful, long, mostly light, soaking rain had passed thru the entire Big bend and Terlingua prpoer area the last couple days! It is green, beautiful and verdant this year, the drought of last year brkoen and gone.

The weather forecast for T1 is for sun, high 80's and low 90's, dry, low humifity and just perfect! B)

See everybody soon!

David

The Terlingua Family is going to have a fantastic time.........Safe travels to everyone going to T12.

Sitting at work, waiting for Wednesday to come!!!! And just spoke to National in El Paso. Hoping we get a decent car. You cannot reserve Mustangs there, but they have them. I had them put notes in for a special request back a couple months ago. Hoping somebody there will work with me. Just as long as we don't get a Nissan again!!!

Sitting at work, waiting for Wednesday to come!!!! And just spoke to National in El Paso. Hoping we get a decent car. You cannot reserve Mustangs there, but they have them. I had them put notes in for a special request back a couple months ago. Hoping somebody there will work with me. Just as long as we don't get a Nissan again!!!

Jeff,

Fingers crossed and trying my best, and failing, not to make any Nissan comments... :hysterical2: you are welcome here even in a Yugo, though will hope it does not come to that :drool:

See you soon! packing is underway here and all looks great! B)

David

Sounds like it going to be a fantastic time in Terligua.

Be sure to raise a glass in honor of Carroll :beerchug:

Steve

Hey Steve,

Thanks!

That you can surely count on! We are having a remembrance drive in memory of Carroll of about 280 miles in length with a closed highway "speed run" of 16.5 miles. Also, we have a special auction item to raise money for charity that remembers Carroll, and special goodie bag items, shhh its a secret for all participants.

Carroll will be remembered well, and all proceeds of the event go to children locally, local services and veterans. I had the privelage to speak with Carroll from the event last year when Bill Neale or Nelda, cannot remember which, handed me the phone during Friday lunch and said Carroll wants to say something to the group! He discussed the new Shelby 1000 (think he was testing it at the time), the event which he knew was a charity and enthusiast get together, and his plans for the future with the group. He was very enthusiastic.

Carroll and everyone at SA from yourself, to every transaction with the Shelby Store or sales, have always, always been the very best and to me personally the very best. I cannot thank each of you enough.

Viva Terlingua! Carroll Shelby lives on here in our memory always. :salute:

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Weather for the event is looking great! Looks like 80's and sun!!!

Crank up the Margarita machine for the afternoon pool time!

See all soon, we are flying in tomorrow! Picking up car Sunday from its rabbit hole, in Terlingua Sunday afternoon!

David

Archived