TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Weather In Terlingua

VorpalBunny

The weather in Terlingua as we approach Terlingua 2012 is going to be a cool 83 this Saturday per the forecast. This topic comes up each year as the event gets closer.

This is just perfect to detail the Bunny for the upcoming Terlingua event! 8 hours should do it I think. Washing, light polish, sealant, clay bar, carnuba to follow, then the inside leather and such. Wheels, carpets, and more.

That will leave me time for packing for Terlingua! Packing to go across town LMAO takes many hours! So much to bring, the Bunny, the art show materials, course cones, goodie bags, maps, event forms, helmets, car wash for the charity car wash, poker chip sets and then auction items, and so much more!!!

Terlingua 2012 is a big deal - its the 5th anniversary and we will be honoring and remebering Carroll Shelby.

David

It will be great fun as always!! Dan and Laura's first time (I think they got tired of hearing me nag as to how fun it was and they HAD to find a way to come) and also going to be Glen and Lisa's first wedding anniversary (married in Terlingua, after being together for 18 years!! ) for those of you that didn't know.

Can't wait!!

Alex

It will be great fun as always!! Dan and Laura's first time (I think they got tired of hearing me nag as to how fun it was and they HAD to find a way to come) and also going to be Glen and Lisa's first wedding anniversary (married in Terlingua, after being together for 18 years!! ) for those of you that didn't know.

Can't wait!!

Alex

A very special moment last year in Terlingua. :wub:

Yes, very special!!

What car are you bringing to SMP this weekend, SS Dan?...I have a surprise....LOL

Alex

Taking the little Cobra. I'm taking Ann (the SS) to a Mustang show at the Van Nuys Airport on Sunday.

Are you bringing the LS?

Saturday and just over two weeks out and the entire area from Fort Davis to Terlingua is getting a nice, cool, slow gentle rain!!! happy%20feet.gif This will continue the greenup and flowers that this year's drought breaking rain has created and be extra nice for the optional Thursday mornng drive before the event lunch that goes to and thru the Fort Davis Mountains! A tremendous drive for sure!

See everybody soon! :drool::salute: B) :peelout:

David

10 Days from the official start of Terlingua 2012!!!

The pre-event meetup is nine days out with a local forecast high of 93 and sun, which means 82 degrees for a high temp in Alpine for the meetup! Alpine is 2000 feet higher in elevation then Terlingua and always cooler. :drool:

For the first day of the event the Terlingua forecast is 92 for a high and sun!!! B)

Really looking forward to seeing all our friends and making new ones wih everyone attending their first Terlingua event! We have a great time in store for all. :yahoo:

David and the whole event board

:cry: Maybe next year

\\

You will be most welcome. Contact me in a few months say right after the holidays if you are able to attend so I can place you on the attendance interest list and list for updates. That is how we begin the planning each new year. I send an interest note out to all past attendees, and once we reach capacity start a wait list thereafter. Capacity is determined by our venues and how many folks can be accomodated comfortably while keeping our intimate atmosphere, running the event the best we can and feeding all participants together and well. Plus road closures and such necessitate size limits.

The small size about 75 people and 40 or so cars is part of what makes this event great. That and the incredible landscape, good people, and work of a great board! Add in the Terlingua history and mystique and you have Terlingua.

David

\\

You will be most welcome. Contact me in a few months say right after the holidays if you are able to attend so I can place you on the attendance interest list and list for updates. That is how we begin the planning each new year. I send an interest note out to all past attendees, and once we reach capacity start a wait list thereafter. Capacity is determined by our venues and how many folks can be accomodated comfortably while keeping our intimate atmosphere, running the event the best we can and feeding all participants together and well. Plus road closures and such necessitate size limits.

The small size about 75 people and 40 or so cars is part of what makes this event great. That and the incredible landscape, good people, and work of a great board! Add in the Terlingua history and mystique and you have Terlingua.

David

Thanks David. Will do

Just 4 days from the pre-event meetup and 5 from the official kickoff for T12!!

A full day and two nights of wonderful, long, mostly light, soaking rain had passed thru the entire Big bend and Terlingua prpoer area the last couple days! It is green, beautiful and verdant this year, the drought of last year brkoen and gone.

The weather forecast for T1 is for sun, high 80's and low 90's, dry, low humifity and just perfect! B)

See everybody soon!

David

Archived