TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I am considering selling my CS8

ieson

I am considering selling my rare supercharged Shelby CS8 to purchase another "one-off" Shelby. Please PM me if interested. The car is in MN. I have not taken too many photos, however I did find some pictures online from the local cars and coffee show and also have some low quality pictures from a few years ago. The cars and coffee pictures (from 9/1): http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/gallery/album/547-jason-ds-cs8/

The low quality pictures, more info, and dyno sheet (492HP):

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3120504/2006-ford-mustang

If I decide for sure that I am going to sell, I will be placing an add on ebay soon - that is if it does not sell on Team Shelby first :-).

I have seen a similar CS8 listed at $47,995 on another website, I have seen a few GT\SC's listed for $45K as well. I am not sure how many GT\SC's were produced, this car is more similar to a Shelby CS6 (with a V8) or west coast customs shelby than the GT\SC. The west coast custom shelby's sell for $125K.

I have seen a similar CS8 listed at $47,995 on another website, I have seen a few GT\SC's listed for $45K as well. I am not sure how many GT\SC's were produced, this car is more similar to a Shelby CS6 (with a V8) or west coast customs shelby than the GT\SC. The west coast custom shelby's sell for $125K.

Hardest part about selling it will be most people will not understand what it is, I love it, hope you get top dollar. I am not sure how many Authorized GT/SC's are out there, I would say about 100 or so.

They have a nice CS8 full turn one car but with a whipple s/c not the Paxton (so no turn II plaque) in Oakville Ontario Canada that's something like 575 hp.....it has lots of nice upgrades and apparently the original owner put around $80 k into building the vehicle...it was originally a Florida car they bought at an estate auction or bankruptcy and I believe they have been asking around $40K and it's been on the lot since the spring.

I know if I sold my turn II CS6 vert I'd take a serious bath right now.....I have about $70k + in mine and on a good day I might get $35 k as the market is flooded with cheap performance vehicles people can't afford.

curious how you got SA to sign off on it with all the CDC Elanor parts :shrug: I always thought it had to meet certain criteria to get the designation.

There is...you have to send all receipts showing parts purchased and photo's of the finished vehicle........even the stripes can't be purchased without proof of purchase of everything else to complete a turn 1 vehicle.

I didn't follow thw whole thread...I thought this was a completed turn II vehicle.

There is...you have to send all receipts showing parts purchased and photo's of the finished vehicle........even the stripes can't be purchased without proof of purchase of everything else to complete a turn 1 vehicle.

I didn't follow thw whole thread...I thought this was a completed turn II vehicle.

You are correct that the extremely rare Shelby Graphics (Part CS6-012) were only for people who purchased a complete Shelby CS6\8 package. I have the top of the box with the part number that proves these are genuine CS side stripes and other parts... I have seen a few cars on ebay that had replica CS stripes over the last 5 years. This was an early CS8 build which has some prety unique parts on it - including CS6-012. Hillbank Motorsports built similar cars (google Dean Palmer's Shelby CS8 or Jason Cenora's Shelby CS8 for example) and used many Cervini's parts. To my knowledge, this is the only CS8 with the Cervini's side pipes. Also note this has a hand signed Shelby plaque vs. the CS8 Turn plaque as this car was completed nearly a year before the CS Plaques were produced (after much debate with Amy at the time...) I wish I could get my good old Windows XP computer working as I have some pictures from 2007 of other Shelby CS's with unique parts (I think one was called the Arizona edition or something similar with CS6 side stripes and a Cervini's hood!)

Steven Thornton, SAI Registry Supervisor at Shelby American, Inc has confirmed that this car is included in the Shelby American Registry as a genuine Shelby CS8.

no one ever paid 125k for one of those cars.........unless it was the first fool who lined up, ALONE...........check the auction results......was more like 45k!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello Team Shelby Members, I have "for sure" decided to sell my CS8 and have paid a down payment on a 69' Mustang Race Car with a GT40 engine in it. This is your last chance to purchase my car before I start placing adds on the internet. I would like $45K firm for the car. I based this price on the price of the last supercharged CS8 that was for sale on ebay a few moths ago. I contacted the seller and he said it sold after the auction for $45k. It appears that my car is in slightly better condition than his was and is also a manual (his was an auto.) First $45k offer takes it!

I do not see how this would go for any more than a GT/SC, it is even less known. I hope you get $45K, but I would take it with a grain of salt what a buyer told you they got after Auction.

2 of us just thought about selling our GT/SC's, most thought they would go for $35K, but you would need to be patient, quick sale would be closer to $30K.

Keep us updated, nice car.

the wcc shelby "listed" for 125k but nobody bought one for that.........last one I saw go across the auction block fetched a whole 30k..........

GLWS.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Auction ended, there are a few interested parties, however the car has not sold yet. I have sent a few private messages letting the interested parties know that I will wait until this Sunday night to relist on ebay. Please contact me if you are interested in purchasing my car before Sunday when I relist it.

The car is back on ebay. Thanks to everyone who has shown interest in the car, if you would like to purchase it please send me a P.M. The new ebay add can be found here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shelby-Ford-Mustang-CS8-Package-2006-ford-mustang-shelby-cs-8-very-rare-early-example-/181217882162?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a316d7032&vxp=mtr

Archived