TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New pics of my Shelby

Pig

I finally got around to taking some pictures after cleaning up the Shelby the other day. So far, I've added a CDC Light Bar, Clarion Multimedia, Steeda hood struts & radiator cover, Shelby engine caps, and 3dCarbon tonnaeu cover. The subwoofer box is still under construction, but I got the basic box built and had to throw it in there. Let me know what you think!

Pig

Link to all pics

Shelby-02.jpg

Shelby-14.jpg

Shelby-06.jpg

Shelby-03.jpg

Shelby-11.jpg

Shelby-04.jpg

hey pig ..... u coming down to florida in may !!!!! ?????

I finally got around to taking some pictures after cleaning up the Shelby the other day. So far, I've added a CDC Light Bar, Clarion Multimedia, Steeda hood struts & radiator cover, Shelby engine caps, and 3dCarbon tonnaeu cover. The subwoofer box is still under construction, but I got the basic box built and had to throw it in there. Let me know what you think!

Pig

Link to all pics

Shelby-02.jpg

Shelby-14.jpg

Shelby-06.jpg

Shelby-03.jpg

Shelby-11.jpg

Shelby-04.jpg

I like the look. Where did you find the tonneau cover and the speaker grills?

JF

Thanks a lot guys! I waited a long time for this car (as most of us did) and I love it. I have to say, now that I have it, I'm even MORE obsessed with it!

About the tonneau cover...I got it when I bought the car as they had it on the car when I arrived at the dealership. Its a 3DCarbon piece and I've seen it online, but can't remember where exactly. You can check it out here. Its not like the older "speedster" style which covered the back seat. Its about half the size (depth?) and still lets you use the back seat. Its pretty much like the soft boot, but hard. It is pretty easy to put on & take off, I usually do it by myself. Its not heavy at all, but it is a one-piece unit and might be a little awkward to handle. When mine's off, I store it on top of my surfboard rack in the garage. I'm also thinking about getting it painted when I decide to put the stripes put on.

1badsho...I got your PM but I am still waiting to see if I can make it. I really want to come, but its still up in the air at the moment. I'll let you know when I find out.

svtkeith...I haven't lowered it (yet), still stock height. Although, adding the subs in the trunk probably weighed it down a bit. I really hate adding any weight to this car, but I gotta have tunes! That being said, I'm still keeping my eyes open for a lighter solution.

The speaker grilles I did myself. The subs are JLAudio 10w3v3's with the standard JL grilles, and the snake emblems are from a spare set I bought specifically for the speaker box. I painted the grilles and then positioned the snakes & drilled the holes for the emblems. Then I just used the double-sided tape & a little hot glue on the back side. You really don't need to drill holes in your speaker grilles if you cut the tabs off the back of the emblems, I just did & used the hot glue to make sure they wouldn't come off. Also, if you are going to drill the holes, do it before you paint the grilles.

Ricer stripes? :headscratch: Over-the-top stripes existed on American muscle cars way before the "Ricer" came into existence.

...mostly on track driven race cars. Dressing your street car as such embodies the "ricer" mentality. I may feel different if they were painted. Vinyl stickers are really tacky....

It doesn't matter how much you pay Ford though, painted stripes weren't even standard on the $150k supercar.

PIG ... love the name ... always cracks me up when i see it .. but got to tell ya .. seen lots of verts .. but your car is special .. really really sweet. What u have done to it .. not over the top .. real classy ! ...

Regarding Orlando .. ya .. keep me posted if u can make it !

I am amazed at how the car sits. Mine looks like it's going downhill.

And the extra weight in the back probably does more good than harm in evening out the weight distribution.

I am amazed at how the car sits. Mine looks like it's going downhill.

And the extra weight in the back probably does more good than harm in evening out the weight distribution.

150man - agreed, mine is factory so far and it has a serious rake to it.

HSURB

Nice pics. Your car looks awsome! All the mods that you did really do set the car apart without looking tacky. The fact that the subs had a positive influence on ride hight (or so it seems looking at the pics is an added bonus. Congratulations!

Thanks a lot for all the comments! You all really made my day. With all the yahoos around here sporting their BMWs and MBs, its nice to know there are people out there that appreciate the fine product Ford has made.

Update....I installed some Fiore LCAs today, and boy they look sweet! The ride feels more solid now, and no noticeable NVH. Small mod to help prepare for Commerce this Friday. Pics attached...

IMG_2085_1.jpg IMG_2088_1.jpg IMG_2090_1.jpg

IMG_2085_1.jpg

IMG_2088_1.jpg

IMG_2090_1.jpg

Thanks a lot for all the comments! You all really made my day. With all the yahoos around here sporting their BMWs and MBs, its nice to know there are people out there that appreciate the fine product Ford has made.

Update....I installed some Fiore LCAs today, and boy they look sweet! The ride feels more solid now, and no noticeable NVH. Small mod to help prepare for Commerce this Friday. Pics attached...

post-8390-1178006306_thumb.jpg post-8390-1178006339_thumb.jpg post-8390-1178006355_thumb.jpg

Those are hands down the best looking LCA's. I think the bushings might even be beefier than other's available?

Nice choice.

Archived