TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How to take a tour at Ford

shelbypt

Im going on a trip to Detroit later this month and wanted to take a tour at the Ford plant, or Flat rock, or the Romeo plant. If any of you had the opportunity to do this, can you give me some info on how to set it up?

Thanks,

Hopefully Robert or Sharon will chime in, I believe they set them all up for the Dearborn run. If I'm not mistaken I think you can just stop in at the Alliance facility and pay a small fee for that tour. This was all included when were there, but it looked like it was open to the public.

AAI is no longer - it's been renamed FRAP - Flat Rock Assembly Plant now that Mazda is no longer jointly producing vehicles there.

The plant is not available for public tours; although, some groups have been able to coordinate them. The only plant in the area for tours is the Rouge F150 plant in Dearborn, Michigan.

Stick your nose in http://www.mocsem.com/default.php

I believe they arranged the tour I went on last August. It was concurrent with the Boss 302 gang, and the Bullitt heads. We went through AAI, the local ROUSH museum, and what was REALLY cool, to me anyway, was the tour of the original plant where the first Model Ts were made. I will go out there again. Much more to see. And a beautiful area. We got a tour of the MRT facility also. They have good stuff and are good people.

Archived