TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just Got back From SAI BIG NEWS

Tomahawk

Yes, true, but the 07 is the 40th anniversary of the '67. Why do so many people want it to look more like a '68? I really don't care what they do, but I'm just giving reasons why I don't want to change the hood or the letters in the back. I'm also thinking that the more you leave the exterior stock the more desirable it will be down the line somewhere.

I also happen to like the 67 better than the 68 but that's just me.

I've always wondered if changing anything major on a 40th anniversary Shelby GT-500 would lessen the future value of the car itself...I'm talking about body parts, lettering etc. Performance is a whole other issue which I don't think would ever have a negative impact on the future value of the car (keeping your original engine parts anyway).

Anyone is welcome to take this with a grain of salt as they see fit. I would bet that owners of older Shelbys are divided about this just as we are. I always come back to the point about a car's 'worth' - it can only be truly established when somebody takes it from you and gives you money in return. Then you don't have it anymore. How does that feel? Since I didn't buy the car to please someone else someday, I wouldn't like that. If I were to trade it for something I thought was better, then I guess that would be OK. Then it comes down to finding a willing buyer. That could be someone who really (REALLY) wants it stock. In that case they probably would want low miles, no damage, etc. Essentially an undriven car. That would NOT be my car. By the time I would get to a point where I'd rather have something else, you can be sure I will have had a lot of fun driving it. That's the car's worth to me. Not money. I am fortunate to be able to say there are quite a number of cars I have owned that I wish I still could have today. None of them did I like because I was worried about the future value to the point it made me keep it stock. I'm sure I'm not the Lone Ranger on this, but I also realize I don't speak for everyone. CARveat emptor. (Sell it with an empty tank.) :yup:

I just got back from SAI last Wednesday had a meeting with John (Director of Sales) and Steve, he puts together the 40th package I also met with Amy for a few minutes as well. Lets just say John was like a kid on Christmas Eve explaining all the exciting news about what is in store for GT 500 owners! He did not go into specifics but he did say next months MotorTrend Mag would spill the beans and explain everything. Lets just say (wink wink) he said anybody thinking about selling their 500 for any reason will be very sorry. He hinted that the KR package will be available to 07 500 owners. I asked about the hood and he did everything he could to contain himself... He said TRUST ME its going to be awesome! One of the problems they have is making sure everything is in stock before they announce and all bugs are worked out. Believe me I was there and he showed me some bugs. He also said anyone thinking about selling their GT 500 to get a KR is crazy. First the car has a projected time of Spring 08??? (if the moon and stars line up) 2. The car will have a MSRP of at least 100K before adm 3. You can soon get most of the stuff if not all for your 500 anyway oops, sorry John.

Get ready Folks the ride is about to get bumpy!! I mean really SMOOOOOTH.

Tomahawk

07 GT500

Black/White

You are saying that this package will make an 07 like a kr...can the same be done for the 08 gt500s? or something different for the 2008s?

Archived