TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Open" Car Show Category?

stpracer43

Have been trying to get the most enjoyment out of my GT500 for next couple of months (before storing her for 2 years) by participating in every car show I can find.

Choosing the category for my car in Ford/Mustang only events is straightforward. How about for Open type events? Probably could have taken a prize against two Vettes in a "SportsCar" category today, but chose to compete in "1970 or newer Muscle Car" instead... Pride in my Beast just wouldn't let me choose anything else!!!

Just curious what others might be doing. Thanks.

Keith

I'm not sure how they judge cars today, it is so different than 20 years ago. I like going and participating in the events, but could care less if they judge my car or not.

Why does your car need to be stored for 2 years?

You're right, the fun part is really in the participation and getting out to see other folks' toys. This car does draw a lot of attention and I answer a lot of questions about it.

Have to store it for two years while on assignment to Korea with the Air Force... Thought about taking it, but it would just get beat up on the narrow, crowded roads. Thankfully, have made storage arrangements in AZ.

Keith

Archived