TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rebuildable GT500 on ebay

davidnz

It ended with high bid of $30K and showed RESERVE NOT MET!

So basically a totaled out car that had a bid of $15K below MSRP of what it cost new and reserve not met!

Would you rather pay $55k - $60k for a brand new one or over $30k for a used with 10k miles that has been totaled and comes with a salvaged title????

Thought so, I got mine already don't need another. But if someone even wants a parts car, if the car would sell for alot less, I can't believe it went that high even if the motor RETAILS for 15+k (has 9k on it maybe get ??)and the tranny is good, wheels, tires(9k on them) brakes (9k too) interior worth?? and front clip worth?? Come on!! Who was so silly to bid even close to that high? :hysterical2:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought so, I got mine already don't need another. But if someone even wants a parts car, if the car would sell for alot less, I can't believe it went that high even if the motor RETAILS for 15+k (has 9k on it maybe get ??)and the tranny is good, wheels, tires(9k on them) brakes (9k too) interior worth?? and front clip worth?? Come on!! Who was so silly to bid even close to that high? :hysterical2:

Whats real silly is average consumers on a website trying to justify how much a wrecked car is worth. thats why most auctions are "dealer only" auctions. The public thinks they so smart yet they are so dumb.

Here you guys are saying that the bidders are so stupid for going that high gecause the car is not worth that much to you. Well as i said before these cars do have value and many other "salvage" cars have value too. You can say all you want that the car is only worth 1/2 of what a 'new one" is worth but the truth is there are certain buyers who would JUMP at the chance to get one of these cars for sticker or under.Wrecked or not.You know the people who are not jacked up on some "shelby is the god drug" The truth is, this car will get fixed not parted out. The car will sell close to msrp. Now whos the silly one. The dealer who buys it and fixes it with a $2500 mustang clip or the consumer (like you) who buys it fixed for around sticker.?????There is in ass for every seat in the car business and consumers just like yourself are what keep this majical world going round and round.

You people on this website think that your simple minds are the same as the rest of the outside world and just because what you agree on in here just must be the truth and or fact.............

The truth is you are all a very small part of this world and even the shelby world yet you feel like you have all the answers.

As i said, its people just like yourself who keep this world going round and round LOL LOL LOL........

Whats real silly is average consumers on a website trying to justify how much a wrecked car is worth. thats why most auctions are "dealer only" auctions. The public thinks they so smart yet they are so dumb.

Here you guys are saying that the bidders are so stupid for going that high gecause the car is not worth that much to you. Well as i said before these cars do have value and many other "salvage" cars have value too. You can say all you want that the car is only worth 1/2 of what a 'new one" is worth but the truth is there are certain buyers who would JUMP at the chance to get one of these cars for sticker or under.Wrecked or not.You know the people who are not jacked up on some "shelby is the god drug" The truth is, this car will get fixed not parted out. The car will sell close to msrp. Now whos the silly one. The dealer who buys it and fixes it with a $2500 mustang clip or the consumer (like you) who buys it fixed for around sticker.?????There is in ass for every seat in the car business and consumers just like yourself are what keep this majical world going round and round.

You people on this website think that your simple minds are the same as the rest of the outside world and just because what you agree on in here just must be the truth and or fact.............

The truth is you are all a very small part of this world and even the shelby world yet you feel like you have all the answers.

As i said, its people just like yourself who keep this world going round and round LOL LOL LOL........

Did I hit a nerve or what? :redcard: It might sell for close to MSRP or more if fixed by a really good body man and they don't disclose the bad hit AND you are smoking something if you think genuine galvanized OEM parts (because most 1/2 priced after market are not galvanized the same, I know because I replaced a fender on my "86" 5.0 $72. aftermarket (OEM was$253.)thought I would save money and it rusted, by the way I BOUGHT IT NEW OFF THE SHOWROOM, SO THAT GIVES YOU AN INDICATION I'VE BEEN AROUND CARS A LITTLE WHILE) WITH all the other pieces, defroster, back glass, subwoofer, exhaust on both sides cat back, bumper cover and any misc. clips, rear tail lights(both) probably the tire inflater too, stripes, paint, emblems, misc..that I missed and don't forget L A B O R all that for $2,500? You are smoking something :hysterical: I don't buy something like that fixed by the way....

The problem with people like you is you think this carjust has to get fixed with brand new parts............. LOL People in the repairable business dont use new parts.

Nobody strikes any nerves with me.I just like telling it how it is in the real world not the fantasy land some of you live in...

I understand if whoever that repairs it might use generec parts, thats up to them, if some one wants to spend money on a severly wrecked car thats up to them, maybe someone who wants to chop it up and make a drag car out of it, that is up to them.

I'm just saying if I was still looking for a car like this, I wouldn't buy a 9k vehicle that was wrecked like this, not worth it for me, I am entitled to that, I bought a new one 10-26-06, got 2500mi and stored it for the winter and will drive it every chance I can . To date, no problems, thank GOD of that. I'm getting the SuperSnake if I can free up money ASAP. Also I see the bid didn't meet the reserve, so who knows what they wanted for it, we know now it was more than 30k and if someone fixes it, good for them! I wouldn't buy it .

I own a dealership and can tell you all you are all very confused.There is no difference in value between a "rebuilt" and "salvage" title or car. They all mean the same and nobody in the auto industry will disagree with me.They have all be wrecked and the different language doesnt mean $hit.

These cars can all be registered and insured.Anybody that tells you different doesnt know the truth.If your insurance company tells you they wont, change companies...........

Some states like NH make you bring back the car to factory condition including paint.NH does a very complete inspection and you need ALL reciepts in order to register the car.Some states will let you hack it to death.

In the end the only difference in value is what the person or (dealer) thinks of the repair job.That is what determines value not different language........

Salvage,rebuilt, or anything else you want to call it is all the same thing.......................

shelbygt500,

Is this your car? Regards.

Stuart

The problem with people like you is you think this carjust has to get fixed with brand new parts............. LOL People in the repairable business dont use new parts.

Nobody strikes any nerves with me.I just like telling it how it is in the real world not the fantasy land some of you live in...

Saying people in the repair business don't use new parts isn't telling it how it is, its guessing. Actually our new parts usage is around 70%, used or salvage parts is about 11 - 14% with aftermarket running about 13 - 15%.

Saying people in the repair business don't use new parts isn't telling it how it is, its guessing. Actually our new parts usage is around 70%, used or salvage parts is about 11 - 14% with aftermarket running about 13 - 15%.

Once again one persona who thinks everybody does the same.Stop defending your business practice and state the truth.I didnt know they made aftermarket rear clips..............enough said.

Once again one persona who thinks everybody does the same.Stop defending your business practice and state the truth.I didnt know they made aftermarket rear clips..............enough said.

Theres alot you don't know. The numbers I quote are not mine, they're national figures. Maybe try weather forcasting....there you can be wrong half the time and no one will take you to task. Lose the accusations ok.

Archived