TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carbon fiber radiator cover

I was wondering if anyone has put on a carbon fiber radiator cover on their shelby gt. if so, what company and did they have the holes for the hood pins and the csm plate already cut. I was thinking of getting one, but don't wont to spend a lot of money and have to cut it.

Thanks

CSshelbykid

Shelby sells a CF rad cover that has the holes for the hood pins. Truefiber sells a CF cover that completely covers the rad and headlights but does not have provisions for the hood pins or the plate.

Cutting CF is not difficult. Use your current cover as a template for the hood pins. Cutting for the plate will take measuring twice cutting once. Your other option is to drill out the rivets on the plate and move it to the CF cover. If done carefully it's a reversible mod.

Personnely I'm not a fan of the hydro dipped CF look. If you currently have real CF under the hood then the hydro dip parts will stand out as fake.

FWIW, I just tried to install a Trucarbon one piece radiator cover and the fitment was terrible. I started off needing to trim the outer edges so it would even fit over the radiator support (based on input from Turfiber) and once that issue was fixed, several of the mounting holes did not line up. Given the size of the OEM bolts with washers, elongating the holes was not an option.

After a long discussion with their tech support, they had me return it for a refund as they were unsure why it had all these fitment issues and wanted to look into root cause with mine. Not sure if they will follow up to let me know what happened, but at this point I am going a different direction. I was considering the CF 3-piece cover set from JLT, but it looks like the center piece is no longer available.

I installed the one from Shelby and had absolutely zero problems with it. Everything lined up and the hood pins fit fine. On a side note, the carbon cover doesn't have a clip to hold the hood prop rod, but I had already installed the hydraulic hood kit previously so wasn't an issue either. Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking into a carbon fiber radiator cover for a 2011+ mustang and it seems trufiber is the only one that sells them. I had an issue with them a while back and they had no interest to help me solve it like they did with the other person. I finally had to threaten legal action to get them to refund my money.

Although TF was very helpful with my issues, it took until Tue. (several weeks) from the time I started the return process to finally get a full refund. I think part of the delay was with the selling vendor as he would not process my refund until TF refunded him. Now I need to find a different solution as I really want a painted or CF cover set. JLT has the CF extension covers on clearance, but no longer carry the center cover.

Although TF was very helpful with my issues, it took until Tue. (several weeks) from the time I started the return process to finally get a full refund. I think part of the delay was with the selling vendor as he would not process my refund until TF refunded him. Now I need to find a different solution as I really want a painted or CF cover set. JLT has the CF extension covers on clearance, but no longer carry the center cover.

If you have an 07-09 shelby sells a radiator cover for it. A carbon fiber one. Don't buy the shit TF sells. Cheap vietnam crap.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived