TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Completed 2013 shelby super snake at monterey

svt13

http://mustangsdaily...ts-in-monterey/

Cliff notes

Their "upgrades" made it worse performance wise.

Looks wise I actually really like it. It makes me wish I got candy red and did a SS stripe because the final product looks really good. To make it absolutely perfect I would have put chrome alcoas, cf rockers, and kept the dual tip exhaust. Other than that it looks real good.

Actually on 2nd thought it may not even need cf rockers. But it definitely needs more color on the inside. Some white to match the stripes.

I wish candy red looked like this shade all the time. If it did I would have gotten it in a heart beat.

And apparently they have a shelby blue stripe now. I wonder what that looks like.

How did the upgrades worsen performance? I didn't find that in the article.

They took out the electronic shocks. They removed the sway bars for the ford racing ones which are actually not better than the PP ones. They are inbetween the PP and base ones for 2013. Maybe the springs are better? The H/E is the same they been selling which is not better than the new one. They improved the rear brakes but now the front brake is using a 6 piston caliper with a 1 inch SMALLER rotor. (i'm going to ignore the side scoops and hood that limit aero dynamics because they look better than stock)

They took out the electronic shocks. They removed the sway bars for the ford racing ones which are actually not better than the PP ones. They are inbetween the PP and base ones for 2013. Maybe the springs are better? The H/E is the same they been selling which is not better than the new one. They improved the rear brakes but now the front brake is using a 6 piston caliper with a 1 inch SMALLER rotor. (i'm going to ignore the side scoops and hood that limit aero dynamics because they look better than stock)

I got you. I thought maybe there were some track times or something I missed. That thing is pretty sick looking though. I like it.

If you read the specs again they give "credit" for cars with the electronic shocks. The standard car gets the upgrades you mentioned. That's how I understand that article.

Removing the bilsteins is a downgrade how ever you put it, whether you get that money back. Its like you have 3 tiers of quality. Tier 3 is base. Tier 2 is ford racing. Tier 1 is bilsteins. Obivously if you have a performance goal plus electronic adjustability which is awesome you'd want tier 1. Why would you downgrade to tier 2? Especially when those bilsteins were custom made for that car. Ford racing is generic it can work on anything. Those bilsteins were specifically for this shelby.

Removing the bilsteins is a downgrade how ever you put it, whether you get that money back.

Read it again.

The don't remove the Bilsteins. They give the buyer a credit (discount) because they don't remove the Bilsteins and add the FR3 Tokico's.

And they say the wheels are offered in Black, Brushed or Mirror Polished (like the Alcoa's).

Phill

Read it again.

The don't remove the Bilsteins. They give the buyer a credit (discount) because they don't remove the Bilsteins and add the FR3 Tokico's.

And they say the wheels are offered in Black, Brushed or Mirror Polished (like the Alcoa's).

Phill

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. You both are right. Ok i'm retarded and can't read obviously.

Archived