TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What oil for super snake

There are ALL kinds of threads and opinions about this on ths site as well as others. If the Ford dealership is doing it just be sure they use the Motorcraft Full Synthetic 5W50. It should take 6.5 quarts with the filter change. Take a roll of aluminum foil with you so that they can cover the crossmember, otherwise oil will get everyhere. They should also give you the half of quart of oil that'll be left over, since your paying for it. P.S., I would not let the car out of my sight just in case they "need" to test drive it. :peelout:

I believe that information is in the official SAI Super Snake owners manual .... or maybe not.

:headscratch:

:rip:

No, the info. above is in the Ford/GT500 owners manual.

It is the SA installed S/C lubrication information/recommendations that are included in the Super Snake owners manual.

R

I believe that information is in the official SAI Super Snake owners manual .... or maybe not.

:headscratch:

:rip:

No, the info. above is in the Ford/GT500 owners manual.

It is the SA installed S/C lubrication information/recommendations that are included in the Super Snake owners manual.

R

:hysterical2::cry::shrug:

I prefer to use the recommended Ford stuff. But as little as I drive it only gets changed yearly.

You and I both drive our cars very little, as do a few others in here I'm sure. I have heard however, that even though we don't put the miles on them to warrant an oil change, time plays a factor in the oil too and it still breaks down reagardless if it's driven or not. I would recommend changing the oil a few times per year. Of course it's your car and you can do with it as you like, but just a suggestion.

You and I both drive our cars very little, as do a few others in here I'm sure. I have heard however, that even though we don't put the miles on them to warrant an oil change, time plays a factor in the oil too and it still breaks down reagardless if it's driven or not. I would recommend changing the oil a few times per year. Of course it's your car and you can do with it as you like, but just a suggestion.

Thanks for your concern. I don't believe full synthetic will break down in a year or even two on low mileage cars. My concern is buildup of water/condensation in the oil. I frequently get the oil temp up with a few miles to burn off any water.

Archived