TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Shelby or 2011 GTR

Ezareth

I was enjoying a nice book and a latte at Starbucks this Saturday when Godzilla pulled up next to my car and this skinny little 18 year old Asian kid climbed out of it. For a minute I thought it could have been SVT13 on his test drive but then I saw it didn't have dealer plates. ;)

Looking at them side by side I have to say it IS ugly compared to the Shelby and no matter how much faster, I wouldn't trade. I did a walk around to check it out up close and didn't see anything impressive other than the brakes and rotors. I almost asked the kid what a brake replacement cost him but I doubt he's had to have one yet. It is absurd how many rich kids from foreign countries come to this college town driving Mercedes, BMWs and Porsches.

3sL3f.jpg

I'm not 18 nor am I asian nor do I live in Ohio but ok very funny. Good for him he has a GTR at his age.

I know just having a bit of fun at your expense man. I did wonder though since your region said "Northeast". It wouldn't be the first time I met someone in real life from the internet by chance.

Just like the saying about Mopeds, fun to ride, but wouldn't want to be seen in one. Every Ricer in the world would follow you around and chase you down asking questions about the car.

I had a Real nice GTI (I know it is not a GTR) that I actually loved, but I had to get rid of it because of all the attention it drew from folks I wanted nothing to do with.

The term ricer gets thrown around so much around here. It's funny I went from a Civic to a Caliber SRT-4 to now a 2013 GT500, people do grow up and do change tastes. Youth is youth, most were the same at that age, adjusted for the time sthey lived. The GT-R is FAR FROM UGLY. It is a very fine machine. I would love to have a GT-R, unfortunately 2 things: 1. Apparently they are a LOT to maintaing and 2. Most importantly is the fact they don't offer a convertible. You old Geezers! LOL!

I love the GT500 WAY MORE, but regardless, the GT-R is a fine machine and looks good to boot.

Given the choice ULTIMATELY.... I choose the car on the left EVERY SINGLE TIME!

MER-I-CA!!!

Just like the saying about Mopeds, fun to ride, but wouldn't want to be seen in one. Every Ricer in the world would follow you around and chase you down asking questions about the car.

I had a Real nice GTI (I know it is not a GTR) that I actually loved, but I had to get rid of it because of all the attention it drew from folks I wanted nothing to do with.

Maybe just not talk to them? Nobody random bothers me about having a shelby really. Though I did almost get run off the road today by a 2000 corolla.

The term ricer gets thrown around so much around here. It's funny I went from a Civic to a Caliber SRT-4 to now a 2013 GT500, people do grow up and do change tastes. Youth is youth, most were the same at that age, adjusted for the time sthey lived. The GT-R is FAR FROM UGLY. It is a very fine machine. I would love to have a GT-R, unfortunately 2 things: 1. Apparently they are a LOT to maintaing and 2. Most importantly is the fact they don't offer a convertible. You old Geezers! LOL!

I love the GT500 WAY MORE, but regardless, the GT-R is a fine machine and looks good to boot.

Given the choice ULTIMATELY.... I choose the car on the left EVERY SINGLE TIME!

MER-I-CA!!!

While I agree that the GTR is a fine machine I just can't take to the looks..and the car is huge..like I said before my nephew owns

one and no matter how I look at the car it just don't do anything for me looks wise...and the sound!!..not what I'd call a performance

car sound IMO.. I do like the looks of the int but the seats are as hard as wood...I like the looks of the 350Z over the GTR anyday

but looks are very subjective I guess whats beautiful to some is shat to others.... :shrug:

How can you like the 350z over the GTR the front ends are almost identical? Whats wrong with the sound of the GTR? Sounds like a mellow huayra. You hear the turbos so well on that car. Especially after a tune a new exhaust. GTR isn't made to look ricer its suppose to look more of an exotic. If you guys think a GTR is ricer you have to think all super cars are pretty much ricer because there are some crazier looking stuff out there.

The definition of ricer is simple. A cheap ass car like a subie, honda, toyota whatever that has a fart cannon exhaust, and all the other bs to make it appear to be a performance car. And all of it done at the most minimum of expense. THAT is a ricer.

The GTR is a car with GT2 RS performance at less than half the price. I mean come on people, this car is even better than a 458 italia. Maybe doesn't look better but it does perform better.

Does the GTR hood get hot like the GT500 does after driving it? :wacko:

You must have gotten the "Showcar Bun Warmer" option. I was designed to keep the butts of scantily clad models warm in an air conditioned environment while posing on car hoods.

Look in your glove box, there should be a coupon that entitles you to one complimentary model.

How can you like the 350z over the GTR the front ends are almost identical? Whats wrong with the sound of the GTR? Sounds like a mellow huayra. You hear the turbos so well on that car. Especially after a tune a new exhaust. GTR isn't made to look ricer its suppose to look more of an exotic. If you guys think a GTR is ricer you have to think all super cars are pretty much ricer because there are some crazier looking stuff out there.

The definition of ricer is simple. A cheap ass car like a subie, honda, toyota whatever that has a fart cannon exhaust, and all the other bs to make it appear to be a performance car. And all of it done at the most minimum of expense. THAT is a ricer.

The GTR is a car with GT2 RS performance at less than half the price. I mean come on people, this car is even better than a 458 italia. Maybe doesn't look better but it does perform better.

You better read my post again...where on there did I say RICER??..and yes like I posted I like the overall look of the 350Z over the GTR..IMO!!!

It's better than the Italia!!!!..says WHO ?..sure as heck wouldn't be me even if the GTR would be faster and that I dought very much..0 to 60 maybe

but after that it would be all Italia..more HP less weight and farrrr better looking.

Sounds like a mellow huayra. You hear the turbos so well on that car. Especially after a tune a new exhaust. GTR isn't made to look ricer its suppose to look more of an exotic. If you guys think a GTR is ricer you have to think all super cars are pretty much ricer because there are some crazier looking stuff out there.

No one is disputing the GTR performance. I've said myself it is the best looking Japanese car, but that really isn't saying much as they're all ugly as sin. I don't like non-italian European styling either, but I can appreciate the beauty of an Audi R-8 Spyder or a Mercedes SLR. The Japanese just don't have that. Look at the back end of the car in my picture....the giant R stands for "Rice" and it really looks similar to other Japanese cars from the front and rear. It is the King of Rice, not a lowly Subaru with a fart pipe.

You better read my post again...where on there did I say RICER??..and yes like I posted I like the overall look of the 350Z over the GTR..IMO!!!

It's better than the Italia!!!!..says WHO ?..sure as heck wouldn't be me even if the GTR would be faster and that I dought very much..0 to 60 maybe

but after that it would be all Italia..more HP less weight and farrrr better looking.

I said performance wise it is better. Not better looking and the ricer comment was directed at everyone else

I agree the Ultimate ricer has the fart cans, extra body wings, ect. To me the GTR is the Grown up Ricer, it just does not do it for me. To me the front end is ugly as hell, I much prefer the looks of the 370z, I do not think it is even close. Honda did a MUCH better job in this category with the NSX and S2000, to me they still look great and the new NSX looks absolutely Stunning. I would own any of them any day of the week. I would own a 370z as well, sharp looking car.

As far as performance 99.9% of people that buy them never come close to maxing out the performance so to me that is good for bragging rights only. Once you get to GT500 or Corvette and above performance besides on the track does it really matter? 0-60 3.4 or 3.8, who the hell cares, where are you doing that???? Both are fast enough to kill you in seconds. Looks becomes a HUGE part of my decision and actual Street performance. I do not track my cars, neither do 99% of the people that buy these cars.

Just my 2 cents

I agree the Ultimate ricer has the fart cans, extra body wings, ect. To me the GTR is the Grown up Ricer, it just does not do it for me. To me the front end is ugly as hell, I much prefer the looks of the 370z, I do not think it is even close. Honda did a MUCH better job in this category with the NSX and S2000, to me they still look great and the new NSX looks absolutely Stunning. I would own any of them any day of the week. I would own a 370z as well, sharp looking car.

As far as performance 99.9% of people that buy them never come close to maxing out the performance so to me that is good for bragging rights only. Once you get to GT500 or Corvette and above performance besides on the track does it really matter? 0-60 3.4 or 3.8, who the hell cares, where are you doing that???? Both are fast enough to kill you in seconds. Looks becomes a HUGE part of my decision and actual Street performance. I do not track my cars, neither do 99% of the people that buy these cars.

Just my 2 cents

Well according to my butt dyno the GTR and shelby did feel the same when accelerating. Though the GTR did it without the wheel spin.

I think you made the right decision, but I am biased. Love the sound of the Mustang, love the looks as well. I used to be a P-Car enthusiast, still wish I owned my 88 Carrera, nothing like the smell of the air cooled engine, that thing was built like a tank. I will own another Porsche one day, that is for sure, might be in the next year or so. But it will not replace my Shelby, it will be in addition to it. I have found my favorite cars were not the fastest, I actually loved my modified 92 Miata, you could legally beat the crap out of it on the roads and could not kill it.

I have driven a GTR and a Nismo Z. GTR is a mean machine with plenty of forward get up and go, but the one I drove had a huge push when hitting a curve. The Nismo Z on the other hand was a blast to drive! Not over powered and handles fantastic, although it does have that "drifting" feel to it. BTW my friend bought the Nismo Z and not the GTR.

Kevin

07SGT2591

Archived