TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lower Grille Options

Took out the lower billet grille the other day. I guess you could say I got tired of the look? Looks mean with the opening to the radiator open, plus it's definitely better for airflow to the radiator. Anyone using a black mesh insert to hep protect the radiator? Looking for some other options. I could always just pop the lower billet grille back on if i wanted.

In the end, you have to make the call but I aways felt it was a failure of Shelby to not provide the billet for below the bumper stock - to me it looks finished with the billet piece and unfinished without it. I have not had any airflow issues on my car due to the lower piece being in there. Let us know which direction you end up going.

Jim

Hi there, I went with the Silverhorse Racing piece as it matched the honeycomb look of my left/ right lower side pieces.

http://silverhorseracing.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16192&category_id=255

For me, this is a great look and doesn't totally impede airflow. Plus, you can pop it in and out in like 3 minutes - seriously. It is a super easy install/ uninstall. The billet grille would have looked out of place in my scenario as I still have those stock fake honeycomb pieces on the left and right sides of that opening. A few pics...

post-30176-0-74973600-1345487792_thumb.jpg

post-30176-0-94955700-1345487915_thumb.jpg

post-30176-0-34550500-1345487924_thumb.jpg

post-30176-0-74973600-1345487792_thumb.jpg

post-30176-0-94955700-1345487915_thumb.jpg

post-30176-0-34550500-1345487924_thumb.jpg

Hi Mike, Okay you need to share how you did this as I have wanted some type of driving light for sometime now. Yours looks pretty good.

GG

google: SD hidden fog lights

looks pretty cool

That is correct. Just to let you know. There is some drilling involved. When I upgrade to the intercooler kit, the fogs didn't work with the old original brackets sent in the kit so I spent hours trying to get the brackets to work trying different ones that were included, flipping them around etc. etc. and finally came out with the result you see above.

• 7 months later...

.When my SGT was new we got caught in a hailstorm near Blairsville, Ga. The hail stones dinged the AC condenser. I did not want the bar grill look so I pulled a trick from the old GT 350 R model book. I took a 65 Mustang (honeycomb) grill, cut it down to fit the opening and installed it. It hides the dented condenser and protects it from further damage. I also installed the Hertz convertible fog lights and the Shelby front disc brake cooling hoses. 58,000 miles and counting.

Archived