TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Baja Cantina and the Quail

HARALD KELLEY

Great to see you and Glenda too Harald...although for a short time!! Hope to see you both again tomorrow...

Here are some pics I took at Baja Cantina...luckily Michael was able to snag a table...8 of us at a table made for 4...LOL...

Place was packed and great cars everywhere. Andy and his wife Maria (Torch40) and me had to park in the dirt as parking was crammed everywhere else...

My car..

8-16-12038.jpg

Andy and Maria and their beautiful 12 GT350...It was nice to get to talk with Maria more today, I have met her several times, but never got the opportunity to talk with her much..

8-16-12041.jpg

an Aston Martin with the top down and white interior...interior was covered in dirt!!

8-16-12039.jpg

Some Pantera's...never seen so many at once...must have been 10-15 that I saw in the last 8 hours...

8-16-12042.jpg

Then in front of Baja Cantina...

8-16-12043.jpg

8-16-12044.jpg

8-16-12045.jpg

8-16-12047.jpg

an original Cobra, not a continuation or kit car...

8-16-12048.jpg

8-16-12049.jpg

an original, modified GT350 with a period correct Paxton supercharger...

8-16-12050.jpg

Some more Pantera's

8-16-12052.jpg

A Tiger...a few of those were on hand...these are like a baby Cobra...Ford V8 in an English car...Pantera was an Italian car with a Ford 351C 4V 4 bolt main in it...

8-16-12053.jpg

Harald and Glenda's Gorgeous 06 GT-H with Paxton supercharger and CS69 wheels..

8-16-12054.jpg

and another original Cobra...

8-16-12055.jpg

8-16-12056.jpg

Alex

Thanks Harald!! After Baja, met up with others at the Russo and Steele auction....most cars were selling less than they usually would....

Thanks for the comments on my Boss. I am really enjoying the car.

Bring your camera tomorrow...LOL

Here's some from the auction....

Shelby Series 1...went for $65K!! Really inexpensive for what the car is worth, but remember, there is a 10% buyer's fee and seller's fee that is also $10%!!

8-16-12057.jpg

A Red 69 GT500 Automatic Vert...

8-16-12058.jpg

A nice 68 GT350 4 speed with air...only got bid up to $70K and didn't meet the reserve...

8-16-12059.jpg

8-16-12061.jpg

A perfect Grabber Orange GT500 Vert with only 4K miles went for $32K

8-16-12060.jpg

Very nice 62 Corvette restomod with a supercharged LS6 and 6 speed, $75K

8-16-12062.jpg

and a really cool Mini with later model fuel injected drivetrain that Michael was interested in until he found out it didn't have air conditioning...

8-16-12063.jpg

I'll get some more tomorrow...

Alex

Great to see you and Glenda too Harald...although for a short time!! Hope to see you both again tomorrow...

Here are some pics I took at Baja Cantina...luckily Michael was able to snag a table...8 of us at a table made for 4...LOL...

Place was packed and great cars everywhere. Andy and his wife Maria (Torch40) and me had to park in the dirt as parking was crammed everywhere else...

My car..

Ah, I saw your car in the lot and wondered if it was someone from the forum... I parked my 2012 Laguna Seca way down the road...

Martin, WHTSNK, nice meeting you. See you at Laguna. And a couple more:

Love all of the great pics ... nice to meet you as well, Harald! Look forward to catching up at Laguna Seca tomorrow...

Glad I caught you before leaving the Baja Catina -- see you on Saturday!

Yeah, that worked out well. And now you know, if you see some woman flagging you down randomly in the street, she might not be crazy, she might just be me! (although that doesn't rule out crazy)

Handy that your forum name is on your license plate, or I'd have missed you ;-)

I'll definitely know better now that you flagged me down (i.e., you're not crazy and it's someone I know). I figured between my license plate and Team Shelby t-shirt, someone "might" recognize me ;)

Very eclectic assortment of cars at the Baja Cantina...

I love and look a Shelby's all the time, but seeing 3 Ferrari Daytona's lined up together (including one with Italian license plates) was pretty damn cool.

Just a few cars I saw today. Also good to see the Nor Cal folks and Alex

Don't know how the rest of the group feels about it but the wide body kit doesn't do it for me. Kills the great lines of the car it's covering up.

The Galpin car was hideous...doubt they will sell one of them....looked cheap and unproportioned. The Shelby wide body I really like, but needs a Super Snake hood, not a scoop on the stock GT500 hood IMO...Wheels loik great in person too...

Alex

Archived