TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 spoiler with rear-view / back-up Camera

You guys can get an easy plug and play license plate camera at nav tv.com. I just installed it this a couple days ago works perfect. You can't have a rear view camera in the spoiler otherwise it would be pointing in the ground. And I installed this camera without havnig to take my back seats out or anything. It was so easy to run the wire through and under the side of the carpet.

• 2 weeks later...

My SGT's camera is next to my license plate light. Perfect. Low profile, and easy to install (since the light is there, there is a pass-through you can use for the camera wires, just Dremel a little notch off of the light's square hole for clearance).

Jer

• 1 month later...

My SGT's camera is next to my license plate light. Perfect. Low profile, and easy to install (since the light is there, there is a pass-through you can use for the camera wires, just Dremel a little notch off of the light's square hole for clearance).

Jer

Jer

Can you post some pictures of it?

• 2 years later...

Shelby had to remove the GT spoiler with camera to put the 500 spoiler on. They laid the factory camera in the car. I called a specialty house when I got the car home. They wanted $400 to install a new camera. I have NAV so I don't need the screen or wiring. They want to put a whole new system in. Can the camera be removed from the factory mount in the GT spoiler and remounted? Anyone try this?

• 2 years later...

I mounted my camera in the keyhole after I took the lock out. I installed a remote trunk release in the glove box and added sequential turn signal harness at the same time.

Shelby had to remove the GT spoiler with camera to put the 500 spoiler on. They laid the factory camera in the car. I called a specialty house when I got the car home. They wanted $400 to install a new camera. I have NAV so I don't need the screen or wiring. They want to put a whole new system in. Can the camera be removed from the factory mount in the GT spoiler and remounted? Anyone try this?

You should be able to mount the Camera any where you want.

My Van had one, they swivel up and down for adjustment.

Good to know. Thanks.

You should be able to mount the Camera any where you want.

Can you pop the camera out of the trapezoid mount of the GT spoiler for mounting it somewhere else?

Good to know. Thanks.

Can you pop the camera out of the trapezoid mount of the GT spoiler for mounting it somewhere else?

I should think so since it was not molded in when the spoiler was made.

Archived