TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need the Shelby experts Advice

reljp10

I was planning on buying a '13 Gt500 early in the new year. But I've been hearing about the new model for 2015. I don't know much except the exterior will look different from what they do now.

I really like the 2013-2014 model. Love the power, the look. Just about everything. I just don't want to buy the 2013 and feel like I have the old car when the new models come out. lol Anyone know if the 2015's will have as much power as the current GT500's or will it be less or more. Just need some opinions.

Also, I've been searching on here for a bit, I'd really like to create my own GT500 but from what I've read, It's possibly too late for me? Especially since I wouldn't buy until early 2013 around February or March. Any one know any good dealers In the State of Texas? or the states near by.

Thanks,

John

Hey John,

I don't know anything about the 2015 Mustang except to say you gotta pull the trigger at some point and be happy with what you have. Because the next week or month or year there's going to be something new and different.

If you're near the Houston area I recommend Ryan Ford. They're on I-10 in Sealy. I think they have an allotment for a '14. As far as I know they have sold their one and only '13. Talk to Sabrena. She's amazing.

Good luck!!!!

The biggest change will be the IRS. According to spy shots of it some people have said it looks like the IRS from 03-04 terminators? I don't know how right they are. I just drove a GTR the other day then my shelby and as far as daily driving comfort they felt pretty close to each other. The GTR with better shocks and IRS was less bumpy but not THAT much less. I doubt the new generation will have 662hp and they won't go higher because thats getting into absurd territory especially with the environmental laws and such. I'd pull the trigger now or even wait next year and get a 2014. That way if you don't like it, it will have low milage and you can sell and get a 2015 if thats what you perfer.

Also keep in mind the shelby may not come back for 2 years like with the 2005 models.

The biggest change will be the IRS. According to spy shots of it some people have said it looks like the IRS from 03-04 terminators? I don't know how right they are. I just drove a GTR the other day then my shelby and as far as daily driving comfort they felt pretty close to each other. The GTR with better shocks and IRS was less bumpy but not THAT much less. I doubt the new generation will have 662hp and they won't go higher because thats getting into absurd territory especially with the environmental laws and such. I'd pull the trigger now or even wait next year and get a 2014. That way if you don't like it, it will have low milage and you can sell and get a 2015 if thats what you perfer.

Also keep in mind the shelby may not come back for 2 years like with the 2005 models.

It's funny you say it won't be back for 2 years after the 14 model year. I just read somewhere that they were not going to do a Shelby in 15 and 16. Wish I could remember where I saw it. If I can find it I'll post it.

It's funny you say it won't be back for 2 years after the 14 model year. I just read somewhere that they were not going to do a Shelby in 15 and 16. Wish I could remember where I saw it. If I can find it I'll post it.

I said it MAY not come back for 2 years.

Yes Tikigril, I am near the Houston area. Right outside of it. I live in Baytown Tx. So thank you for the recommendation, as they are near me :)

And I honestly think I'll be completely happy with either a 2013 or 2014. I'm just really into this car. Especially since ya'll say there is the possibility of the Gt500's not coming back for a couple of years. I'm definately going to bite the bullet.

Congrats! I think you'll be glad that you did. I'm up in Spring. The car I ordered was built a few days ago and is scheduled to be here in a few weeks. Hopefully I'll be glad I waited. 6 months seems like a long time but based on other's impressions it should be well worth it.

Don't worry about the 13 or 14 looking old when they change the body style look at the GT500 and GT350 from the 1960's they are the old body style and who wouldnt want one of them...right

A Shelby is a Shelby which is one unique trait our cars have that few others can boast, each one has its character. People do not really look at them and say, that is an old car, they look and say...is that a GT500? My advice is to go with whatever year you like, why worry about the latest and greatest unless you plan on buying the new model each time they are released? When it comes to power, a few mods can bring pretty much any mustang up to the 662 and of course, far more power if that is desired.

Good luck!

Archived