TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ANYONE ATTENDING MUSTANG STAMPEDE IN MIDLAND TX ON AUG 25TH?

voodoo

very disappointed on how it was managed. classes were incorrect and it seemed pretty one-sided. why the hell would shelby gt's be in the same category as an 01 bullitt? LAME. I grew up restoring classic mustangs with my dad and have been to and participated in many a car show. this one was very disappointing and my wife and I will not be attending next year. i heard several other people say the same thing.

Registered yesterday- so......plan to be there! LOL! What about you? thanks, JW

very disappointed on how it was managed. classes were incorrect and it seemed pretty one-sided. why the hell would shelby gt's be in the same category as an 01 bullitt? LAME. I grew up restoring classic mustangs with my dad and have been to and participated in many a car show. this one was very disappointing and my wife and I will not be attending next year. i heard several other people say the same thing.

Registered yesterday- so......plan to be there! LOL! What about you? thanks, JW

BTW, my wife and i voted for your KR as it was the nicest car in it's category and one of the rarest. unfortunately the people there had no idea what a Kr was.

BTW, my wife and i voted for your KR as it was the nicest car in it's category and one of the rarest. unfortunately the people there had no idea what a Kr was.

There were a lot of nice cars there. Yours certainly was @ the Top!! And your display was the best & most informative by far! I meant to introduce myself but your chairs were empty when I was admiring your Shelby. I met & visited with some very nice folks! There's ongoing conversations about splitting classes differently next year- considering Team Shelby Forums sub-categories as guidelines was mentioned. There should be improvements in that area. The P-51 Mustangs were Awesome, as was speech by WWII pilot! Some air movers sure would have been nice! LOL!!

There were a lot of nice cars there. Yours certainly was @ the Top!! And your display was the best & most informative by far! I meant to introduce myself but your chairs were empty when I was admiring your Shelby. I met & visited with some very nice folks! There's ongoing conversations about splitting classes differently next year- considering Team Shelby Forums sub-categories as guidelines was mentioned. There should be improvements in that area. The P-51 Mustangs were Awesome, as was speech by WWII pilot! Some air movers sure would have been nice! LOL!!

I did not have a display in front of my car. That was the bone-stock SGT with the black interior sitting next to mine. Mine has gray interior. Much more rare.

I stopped doing judged shows in 1986 because of the sometimes bizarre classifications and downright crappy attitudes of some of the car owners. Sometimes, shows were "rearranged" to suit the number of cars that did or didn't show up for a given class. That happened to me a couple of times, sometimes it worked out, other times it didn't.

The one in Boerne in October has a "Display Only" class, and I'm gonna put my car in that class. I'd rather enjoy myself and look at the other cars then get all head-up over how someone judged my car. And I can tell you, I'll gladly pay the registration fee to park somewhere where other folks are just as careful about their cars as I am with mine.

I did not have a display in front of my car. That was the bone-stock SGT with the black interior sitting next to mine. Mine has gray interior. Much more rare.

Oops! My bad! I'll admit to getting old! LOL! Sorry for the mix-up!

Archived