TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 mustang option changes

svt13

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/08/13/2014-mustang-to-get-new-colors-options/

Only 3 changes for shelby. Performance whtie becomes oxford white. Red candy become ruby red. And matte black stripes replaced with gloss stripes.

I suggest anyone who was holding out for 14 probably should get a 13 instead of a 14.

The boss is gone next year.

Well Phill people should just realize by now your always right lol

(BTw those alcoas are at 4050 now)

Naw, I'm not *always* right but my sources have a pretty good record.

Are ya sorry you didn't buy those other Alcoa's the dude had FS now?

I'll bet these newest ones crest $5K by the time the auction ends.

Phill (their on my watch list)

Naw, I'm not *always* right but my sources have a pretty good record.

Are ya sorry you didn't buy those other Alcoa's the dude had FS now?

I'll bet these newest ones crest $5K by the time the auction ends.

Phill (their on my watch list)

lol. The other guy sold the super snake ones. I told him I'd have bought the regular alcoas but then the next day someone offered to buy his SS ones so he sold those instead. Now I have to just wait for another set to pop up here instead of ebay. Though forgestar and TS I think the brand is have a wheel that is similar to the alcoa if worse comes to worse.

http://mustangsdaily...colors-options/

Only 3 changes for Shelby. Performance whtie becomes oxford white. Red candy become ruby red. And matte black stripes replaced with gloss stripes.

I suggest anyone who was holding out for 14 probably should get a 13 instead of a 14.

The boss is gone next year.

I don't think all the 2014 changes have been released at this time. You will have to wait for the 2014 Order Guide to get the full picture.

According to most of the rumors, 2014 is going to be a very short production year, so if you think 2013MY GT500's are hard to come by for MSRP this year, 2014MY are going to be a lot worse. Especially if Ford doesn't offer a GT500 equivalent in 2015.

The '14's will languish on the lot like the '12's. Once the '15 is announced with IRS and new styling it will be the hot car to buy. When the '11's came out with the aluminum engine, EPAS, and SVT package it was the same, "buy them now, it's a limited run". I paid $500 over invoice for the '12 last year and plan on paying the same or less for the '14 next year. If I wait until the '15 is announced it will be less. They are giving the '12's away right now. Once all the "gotta have it now" buyers grab their 2013s at sticker that will leave the essentially unchanged '14s for the rest of us to swoop on.

Joe

They are giving the '12's away right now.

Correction: They are having a hard time giving the 12's away right now.

Phill

Correction: They are having a hard time giving the 12's away right now.

Phill

My local dealer has a 12 convertible that has been on the lot since last fall. I was talking to a salesman the other day and he was confident someone would come by one day and be happy to have found it. LOL

I think they still have a $10,000 mark up on it. I'm confident that the salesman is crazy.

I think they still have a $10,000 mark up on it. I'm confident that the salesman is crazy.

A 2012 with ADM!?

Yeah, SOMEONE is crazy. Either the dealership or the person that pays a ADM on a '12!

Phill

The '14's will languish on the lot like the '12's. Once the '15 is announced with IRS and new styling it will be the hot car to buy. When the '11's came out with the aluminum engine, EPAS, and SVT package it was the same, "buy them now, it's a limited run". I paid $500 over invoice for the '12 last year and plan on paying the same or less for the '14 next year. If I wait until the '15 is announced it will be less. They are giving the '12's away right now. Once all the "gotta have it now" buyers grab their 2013s at sticker that will leave the essentially unchanged '14s for the rest of us to swoop on.

Joe

I doubt you will see a GT500 in 2015 or 2016 and with the small engine bay of the next generation car, I doubt it will be the hot car to buy. Oh, and you can keep the IRS too.

Joe

Absolutely spot on. The '14s will have very few takers at the current crazy prices. It is unlikely that Ford will build many GT500s for 14 as they know that huge incentives would be necesssary to clear them. The '15 Mustang will be a gamechager whether diehard fans of the current generation realize it or not. The current GT500s with a jacked up truck motor will be yesterdays news in the very near future.

Absolutely spot on. The '14s will have very few takers at the current crazy prices. It is unlikely that Ford will build many GT500s for 14 as they know that huge incentives would be necesssary to clear them. The '15 Mustang will be a gamechager whether diehard fans of the current generation realize it or not. The current GT500s with a jacked up truck motor will be yesterdays news in the very near future.

Exactly. The Ecoboost F150 outperforms the tried and true V8 (not including the Raptor of course). I'm going to put it out there that the next GT500 will be a small V8 with twin turbos with less power than the current model, but similar performance. It's all about power to weight, think GTR or Lotus.

Joe

Exactly. The Ecoboost F150 outperforms the tried and true V8 (not including the Raptor of course). I'm going to put it out there that the next GT500 will be a small V8 with twin turbos with less power than the current model, but similar performance. It's all about power to weight, think GTR or Lotus.

Joe

The GTR is heavier and has less HP than the GT500 ...ZR1 or Lotus yes but not GTR for power to weight ratio.

The GTR is heavier and has less HP than the GT500 ...ZR1 or Lotus yes but not GTR for power to weight ratio.

I think 2013 GTR weights the same as 13 shelby. If they put twin turbos on the shelby it really would defeat the purpose. Superchargers have such a cool sound.

I think 2013 GTR weights the same as 13 shelby. If they put twin turbos on the shelby it really would defeat the purpose. Superchargers have such a cool sound.

The GTR is about 20 pounds heavier but it is much closer than the 4000 pounds it used to be.

The purpose of a supercharger isn't the sound obviously. I think a Turbo would potentially benefit the nose-heavy RWD design of the GT500 more than a supercharger, but I'm no expert in such things.

If I wanted a GTR, Lotus, or any other "world car", I would buy one. The last time Ford designed a "world car" to replace the Mustang, they birthed the Probe....

Ford done a heck of a job on the Ford GT as a World car!!

The GTR is about 20 pounds heavier but it is much closer than the 4000 pounds it used to be.

The purpose of a supercharger isn't the sound obviously. I think a Turbo would potentially benefit the nose-heavy RWD design of the GT500 more than a supercharger, but I'm no expert in such things.

I realy don't think there's much diff in the weight vs SC and TC's after all the plumbing is all said and done but where the Turbo exeles

is it don't rob HP to make HP..but the positive SC power is instant and sounds great.

I realy don't think there's much diff in the weight vs SC and TC's after all the plumbing is all said and done but where the Turbo exeles

is it don't rob HP to make HP..but the positive SC power is instant and sounds great.

Well I was thinking since Turbos deliver their power higher in the RPM band it would help with the excessive spin going WOT 1st-2nd. Other than that, I don't know which would deliver more power or be better suited to the Shelby.

Well I was thinking since Turbos deliver their power higher in the RPM band it would help with the excessive spin going WOT 1st-2nd. Other than that, I don't know which would deliver more power or be better suited to the Shelby.

I think twin turbos will make more topend power ( HP )...but yeah you're right the positive SC will make more torque on the bottom

and the WOT 1-2 shift should have more wheel spin.

Ford done a heck of a job on the Ford GT as a World car!!

I think you and I have different definitions of what a "world car" is.

World car

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The phrase world car is used to describe a car designed for, or achieving, worldwide sales using the same platform and components, often with variety of body styles. Examples include the Ford Mondeo[1] and Focus[2]and modern no-frills cars such as the Fiat Palio, Dacia Logan and VW Fox.

[edit]Market needs worldwide

Despite being a global design initially, world cars have to have specific changes made per national laws/regulations, or cultural differences / market tastes where these are divergent (e.g. in Brazil where ethanol/flexifuelvehicles are popular) or in the United States where petrol is inexpensive and larger engines are popular.

One vehicle that is an example of this is the Volkswagen Golf (currently sold in the Mk VI version), offered only with a 2.5-litre 5-cylinder petrol in the United States and Canada, but in Europe, it has 1.4, 1.4 TSI turbo, 1.6, 2.0, 2.0 turbo 4-cylinder and 3.2 V6 petrol and 1.9 SDI diesel and 2.0 TDI turbodiesel engines. The differences between market needs are not just reflected per equipment levels (in Europe the Golf offers multiple trim levels, compared to North America where it is only available in two versions, and sold as a premium hatchback rather than a workaday family car as in Europe.

A Ford GT is not a world car.

World car

The phrase world car is used to describe a car designed for, or achieving, worldwide sales using the same platform and components, often with variety of body styles. Examples include the Ford Mondeo and Focus and modern no-frills cars such as the Fiat Palio, Dacia Logan and VW Fox.

Market needs worldwide

Despite being a global design initially, world cars have to have specific changes made per national laws/regulations, or cultural differences / market tastes where these are divergent (e.g. in Brazil where ethanol/flexfuel vehicles are popular) or in the United States where petrol is inexpensive and larger engines are popular.

One vehicle that is an example of this is the Volkswagen Golf (currently sold in the Mk VI version), offered only with a 2.5-litre 5-cylinder petrol in the United States and Canada, but in Europe, it has 1.4, 1.4 TSI turbo, 1.6, 2.0, 2.0 turbo 4-cylinder and 3.2 V6 petrol and 1.9 SDI diesel and 2.0 TDI turbo diesel engines. The differences between market needs are not just reflected per equipment levels (in Europe the Golf offers multiple trim levels, compared to North America where it is only available in two versions, and sold as a premium hatchback rather than a workaday family car as in Europe.

A Ford GT is not a world car.

World car From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The phrase world car is used to describe a car designed for, or achieving, worldwide sales using the same platform and components, often with variety of body styles. Examples include the Ford Mondeo and Focus and modern no-frills cars such as the Fiat Palio, Dacia Logan and VW Fox. Market needs worldwide Despite being a global design initially, world cars have to have specific changes made per national laws/regulations, or cultural differences / market tastes where these are divergent (e.g. in Brazil where ethanol/flexfuel vehicles are popular) or in the United States where petrol is inexpensive and larger engines are popular. One vehicle that is an example of this is the Volkswagen Golf (currently sold in the Mk VI version), offered only with a 2.5-litre 5-cylinder petrol in the United States and Canada, but in Europe, it has 1.4, 1.4 TSI turbo, 1.6, 2.0, 2.0 turbo 4-cylinder and 3.2 V6 petrol and 1.9 SDI diesel and 2.0 TDI turbo diesel engines. The differences between market needs are not just reflected per equipment levels (in Europe the Golf offers multiple trim levels, compared to North America where it is only available in two versions, and sold as a premium hatchback rather than a workaday family car as in Europe. A Ford GT is not a world car.

The FGT is a Supercar...

Supercar

Supercar is a term used most often to describe an expensive high end car. It has been defined specifically as "a very expensive, fast or powerful car".[1]Stated in more general terms: "it must be very fast, with sporting handling to match", "it should be sleek and eye-catching" and its price should be "one in a rarefied atmosphere of its own".[2]However, the proper application of the term is subjective and disputed, especially among enthusiasts. So-called vehicles are typically out of the ordinary and are marketed by automakers to be perceived by the public as unusual. The supercar can take many forms including limited production specials from an "elite" automaker, standard looking cars made by mainstream companies that hide massive power and performance, as well as models that appeal to "hardcore enthusiasts" from "manufacturers on the fringe of the car industry".[3]

Archived