TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Getting a new set of wheels and tires for the track and for use when the roads get shitty in the winter. Want to keep my Razors nice.

Staggered looks great yes, but running the same size all around reduces understeer at the track and allows you to rotate the tires, allowing you to get the most life out of them.

Im looking to do either 275/35/19 all around, or 285/35/19 all around. Only thing is, I feel 285's in the front are a little much... Thoughts?

I have 275's all around, I've heard 285's tend to rub in front when cornering and turning hard. I know 285's in the front would rub on my brake cooling hoses.

What size rims are you going to use? I always thought that anything larger than 265s on the front would rub on the SGTs. If the rims are 20s, would that limit the size to smaller width tires due to the rubbing on the lowered suspension?

I was thinking of using 18 x 9.5 - can 275s fit on those on all 4 corners?

Andy.

What size rims are you going to use? I always thought that anything larger than 265s on the front would rub on the SGTs. If the rims are 20s, would that limit the size to smaller width tires due to the rubbing on the lowered suspension?

I was thinking of using 18 x 9.5 - can 275s fit on those on all 4 corners?

Andy.

Yes I run 275's 18's on all corners . street & track, - see pictures

18x9.5 Steeda's with 275 RS3 Coopers / street

18x10 D-force with 275 NT01's / track

391450_367154620020815_530358271_n.jpg

Edited by FordFan1

Yes I run 275's 18's on all corners . street & track, - see pictures

18x9.5 Steeda's with 275 RS3 Coopers / street

18x10 D-force with 275 NT01's / track

Kerry:

What rims are those? They look like newer Mustang rims, but I can't tell for sure. They look great.

Andy.

Kerry:

What rims are those? They look like newer Mustang rims, but I can't tell for sure. They look great.

Andy.

Steeda Ultra lights - (now discountinued) falsely named since they still weigh in at 27lbs each- once used as track wheels but since I upgarded to a 19lb D-force the Steeda's are my daily street wheel.

IMG_1653.jpg

Belown with new

D-Force 19lbs with NT01's

IMG_3718.jpg

Edited by FordFan1