TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 shelby or 2011 GTR

svt13

So I went with my friend to this audi dealership near us for him to look at a car he wanted. They have a 2011 black GTR with 12000 miles and they saw my shelby. The sales guy offered a straight up trade no extra money for my car. They car is listed there at 76k. I would have bought a GTR now but I couldnt afford a new one so I was planning to sell this in 5 years maybe to get a lightly used one. But if I can do it now then I don't know.

What would you guys do?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a smokin deal for an '11 GTR. Find out the back story on the car, why it was traded, who owned it etc. Then see if they'll throw in an extended warranty. Used is still used and you don't know what you're getting.

That's a smokin deal for an '11 GTR. Find out the back story on the car, why it was traded, who owned it etc. Then see if they'll throw in an extended warranty. Used is still used and you don't know what you're getting.

I just went out and drove it. According to them it was owned by an old guy who just traded it in for a porsche 911 turbo. He apprently never abused it blah blah blah blah. I drove it around 10 miles. While that car is more confidence inspiring as in I could go 80mph around turns I would be terrified to do in the shelby I'm shocked how similar the shelby feels compared to it. Though the GTR was definitely less bumpy and much more livable every day in that sense the inside of it didn't seem much better. Definitely our recaros are more comfortable than the GTR, those seats were rock solid. Plus its a nice option to have auto and the paddle shifters. Manual is fun but really only when driving crazy. Regular traffic driving I really don't enjoy the manual that much. But as far as accelerating and braking based on the feel of my butt lol they felt the exact same. Though I like how the GTR hooks up in first and our cars move all around before they hook, the GTR just goes.

I'm trying to see if they will work with me on a 10 year warranty.

So I went with my friend to this audi dealership near us for him to look at a car he wanted. They have a 2011 black GTR with 12000 miles and they saw my shelby. The sales guy offered a straight up trade no extra money for my car. They car is listed there at 76k. I would have bought a GTR now but I couldnt afford a new one so I was planning to sell this in 5 years maybe to get a lightly used one. But if I can do it now then I don't know.

What would you guys do?

Nothing but Amercan Muscle for me. I would not give you my car for 2 GTRs.

What would you guys do?

Get in touch with Mike "Blackout" Sukach. He traded his GTR in on a 2012 Shelby GT500 and had it shipped to LV and had it Snaked.

I'm sure he can give you all the pros and cons on both......

Phill

You should drive it and see if it's what you really want. If it is, trade. I don't think you are ever going to be happy with the GT500.

I love the gt500. Actually after driving this GTR I love the shelby even more. Those cars were so simliar in every aspect. I am even more impressed with Ford. But a GTR is a GTR and I have always wanted one just never could afford one. If these people want to trade me a 65k car for an 78k car then so be it. They will sell it to some old guy with more money than brains at 80k They probably only paid like 68k for this GTR since it was a trade in.

Pics of cars next to each other?

I will take pics this Saturday. When I go back with my car. I'm going to do a comparaison when I have both cars so I can really see the differences between them. I need to drive the GTR more.

Get in touch with Mike "Blackout" Sukach. He traded his GTR in on a 2012 Shelby GT500 and had it shipped to LV and had it Snaked.

I'm sure he can give you all the pros and cons on both......

Phill

How do I get in contact with this person? Is blackout his screen name on TS?

Seems like a silly question to post on a Shelby forum. The GTR is a cool car, but comparing it to a GT500 is pointless. Aside from both being high powered coupes they have very little in common. The choice, which to me sounds like you already made, is going to depend your driving style and the image you want to display.

Look to me this dealer is betting he can drive more traffic into his shop with the Shelby and its record breaking factory V8 HP than Godzilla.

Seems like a silly question to post on a Shelby forum. The GTR is a cool car, but comparing it to a GT500 is pointless. Aside from both being high powered coupes they have very little in common. The choice, which to me sounds like you already made, is going to depend your driving style and the image you want to display.

Look to me this dealer is betting he can drive more traffic into his shop with the Shelby and its record breaking factory V8 HP than Godzilla.

Of course. I already mentioned hes definitely going to sell this car for over 75 80k. Elite autos own sold his for 78k. Hes got 2 more coming selling both for 70k. He offered to buy mine for 75k because he'd turn around and sell it for 80k.

And others don't think its silly to compare these cars just look

This sheby is really an out performer on the street. I am very surprised. In this video the shelby even beats the GTR from a roll.

It's not silly at all to post this on a shelby forum. I want opinions based on all the people who have shelbys as I'm sure some of them have owned or driven a GTR as well. I drove it for 10 miles thats hardly long enough to make this decision with.

Hmmm. Well I would get a service plan. And extended warranty so these should all cover those expenses. I did the same with the Shelby. I like to be at a point with my car that I take into the dealership for anything and they do maintanence or fix it without harassing me.

The only thing I am wondering is how bad was this car abused that in 2 years this guy drove 12,000 miles. I am in the minority of people who will daily drive this or a GTR. This guy traded it for a 911 so I wonder what he did and if the dealer will give me his contact info

The only thing I am wondering is how bad was this car abused that in 2 years this guy drove 12,000 miles. I am in the minority of people who will daily drive this or a GTR. This guy traded it for a 911 so I wonder what he did and if the dealer will give me his contact info

If the previous owner used this as a DD, 12,000 isn't a lot of miles.

svt13,

Blackout is his TS screen name. Go to my profile & see my friends list. Pretty sure he's on it. If not, check the GT500 Classified section & look 4 his FS add Re: 2012 Super Snake. Am trying 2 post w/mobile phone so mssg. is short.

Phill

You may want to do some research into the GTR. There are some absloutely horrendous maintenance costs involved with those cars. They are also very ugly.

I'm with you on the maintenance cost. I heard just the brake job can cost you 5k alone. I would do a research too. Ugly??? It's not bad.

svt13,

Blackout is his TS screen name. Go to my profile & see my friends list. Pretty sure he's on it. If not, check the GT500 Classified section & look 4 his FS add Re: 2012 Super Snake. Am trying 2 post w/mobile phone so mssg. is short.

Phill

I sent him a message privately. Waiting for response.

You may want to do some research into the GTR. There are some absloutely horrendous maintenance costs involved with those cars. They are also very ugly.

I agree..my Nephew bought a new 2012 GTR and when I saw the car in person it's huge..and yes I agree ugly..would never take a GTR over a GT500

JMO.

Archived