TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Shelby is at Borla!!!!

R U TRIPIN

So my Shelby has been at Borla now for just over a week. They are using my car to develop there exhaust system for our Shelby's. I went on Friday to check on the progress. It looks and sounds great. They stuck with the quad tips. Thank god!! The ss tips are hideous. They will have a full system availible for our cars in the next couple of months if I had to guess. They Did put it on the dyno. Waiting for results. They will be offering headers for those of you who want them. I believe they put the headers on today and were supposed to put it on the dyno again. Im hoping to be able to post some sound clips and dyno results as soon as they give me the ok. I'll keep you all posted ASAP.

They let you take any pics? I have the Borla on my 05 GTO with LT headers and electric cut outs - love it.

I took a couple of pics the other day. I was asked not to post anything until they were done. Therefore I will honor there request. I should have the car back in about a week. At that time I'm sure I should be able to post up some pics.

Lucky you! I just had my Borla installed on mine (11) today and I have to say it sounds freaking amazing. Much better than I was hoping for.

Which Borla's did you go with? I have the KR mufflers on and am thinking very strongly about swapping those out for some Borla's. I've heard A LOT of good things about their Stinger mufflers.

Edit: Just seen in the other Borla thread you put the Stingers or S-types on. That might just have be the next mod.

Which Borla's did you go with? I have the KR mufflers on and am thinking very strongly about swapping those out for some Borla's. I've heard A LOT of good things about their Stinger mufflers.

Edit: Just seen in the other Borla thread you put the Stingers or S-types on. That might just have be the next mod.

Yeah it sounds so much better than any youtube video I've heard when researching them. It is just so hard for any microphone to pic up the lows in the rumble. It really sounds how you'd imagine the car should sound from the factory.

Lucky you! I just had my Borla installed on mine (11) today and I have to say it sounds freaking amazing. Much better than I was hoping for.

Well I've had magnaflow on my past Shelby and mustangs. Decides to go with Borla this time and was giving a chance of a life time to get it all for free. Just for lending them my Shelby. I can't wait to get it back. It sounded so good when I was down there on Friday. I really want to hear it with the long tube headers. Hoping to go there tomorrow to her it with the headers on.

When they put the borla without the headers. Was it louder than stock? Also what exactly did they do to your car before headers? axle back? catback? x pipe?

Yes it was much loader then stock without headers. As of now it has the stock H pipe. They are just testing mufflers at the moment. They will be doing an X pipe and a cat back along with the axle back system. I believe the atak muffler system will be offered with the headers. Just don't quote me on that. I drove it today with the atak mufflers. It sounded like music to my ears. Drove it the other day with the s-type mufflers and it to sounded great. As of now I'm in love with the atak system. It sounds like a pissed off beast.

Did they put the touring mufflers? I hope so because them I won't be buying borla after all. The car is already so loud much more is obnoxious and asking for cop attention

they have not put the toring mufflers on yet... Borla will most likey offer then... giving the offer 3 types for all the mustangs and shelbys now...

they have not put the toring mufflers on yet... Borla will most likey offer then... giving the offer 3 types for all the mustangs and shelbys now...

I hope so. They do offer touring,s,and atak for shelby owners now. Hopefully they do this with 13 as well.

Archived