TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CDC Light Bar Finished

bergenfelter

Just finished up on the CDC light bar last night - really like the way it improves the profile of the car. Very nice quality kit - total time about two hours.

-John.

http://bergfamily.zenfolio.com/p553804734/h3edc239c

http://bergfamily.zenfolio.com/p553804734/h3a09e962

http://bergfamily.zenfolio.com/p553804734/h389bda32

I was torn between black and red and black with black. I really don't like the red stripes on the seats because the way they did it is weird in my opinion. Plus I didn't know how it would look with the red cobra. So I figured its cheaper to change the stripes than it is to change the seats if I don't like the black stripes. Because you can barely see black stripes on a black car.

Just finished up on the CDC light bar last night - really like the way it improves the profile of the car. Very nice quality kit - total time about two hours.

-John.

http://bergfamily.ze...04734/h3edc239c

http://bergfamily.ze...04734/h3a09e962

http://bergfamily.ze...04734/h389bda32

I do miss the CDC bar because of the brake light but I had to get rid of mine because it wouldn't fit with the Saleen Tonneau cover. CDC makes both the Saleen Style bar and the Shelby light bar (you can order the same bar from CDC if you just request it without the embedded logo).

Be careful if you right around with your top up, if you don't have the convertible top velcro straps securely fastened, the top can vibrate with the wind and discolor the vinyl.

I love the two-tone thinner stripes on mine I think on the front, but like the fatter stripes on the rear end of yours. Either way beautiful car!

I'll tell you one thing---at every car show people can't stop taking photos and complimenting me on the color combo----it really is striking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The red appearance package was a requirement when I walked in to by. So was a coupe. But, no red appearance package for a coupe in 2008.

The sales guy freaked when I turned and walked away. He had no idea what to do. So I asked if the body style changed from 2007 to 2008 in any way...nope. Well, these things all have part numbers right? THEN the light bulb went off over his head

What would look REALLY good and unique would be if when I get the double red stripes, if I am able to get the outline the thin svtpp stripes had around the thicker ones. That would look good. Or I was debating getting ss style hood and get a custom made ss style red stripe. (Sorry about hijacking this thread).

But bergenfelter now you should get that cover or w/e they are called that goes over the rear seats for convertibles. That with the light bar would look perfect. That is exactly what i would do if I had a convertible. But then at that point you should remove the rear seats and put a boss x brace like that other guy did so it handles awesome (oh the madness of modifying never ends).

What would look REALLY good and unique would be if when I get the double red stripes, if I am able to get the outline the thin svtpp stripes had around the thicker ones. That would look good. Or I was debating getting ss style hood and get a custom made ss style red stripe. (Sorry about hijacking this thread).

But bergenfelter now you should get that cover or w/e they are called that goes over the rear seats for convertibles. That with the light bar would look perfect. That is exactly what i would do if I had a convertible. But then at that point you should remove the rear seats and put a boss x brace like that other guy did so it handles awesome (oh the madness of modifying never ends).

The two-tone SVT stripes are one piece of vinyl painted two different colors.. Even if you matched the colors and added a stripe to make it look similar, it would likely peel away because it would be so thin.

There isn't a cover made for the 2005+ convertibles that fits with the CDC bar unfortunately which is why I switched to a different bar. Tonneau covers look great, but they aren't for everyone and if you are ever in the rain you're screwed (so you never take the car out on cloudy days with the cover on).

The two-tone SVT stripes are one piece of vinyl painted two different colors.. Even if you matched the colors and added a stripe to make it look similar, it would likely peel away because it would be so thin.

There isn't a cover made for the 2005+ convertibles that fits with the CDC bar unfortunately which is why I switched to a different bar. Tonneau covers look great, but they aren't for everyone and if you are ever in the rain you're screwed (so you never take the car out on cloudy days with the cover on).

Thought maybe it flipped in with it. Pretty sure the old 04 saleen's covers flipped in with the top

Can't do it b/c at least two of my daughters go cruising with me and my Shelby needs to be a family deal!

Thought maybe it flipped in with it. Pretty sure the old 04 saleen's covers flipped in with the top

I had a '99 Saleen with the speedster package as well. Saleen only ever made a one-piece. The other "Saleen Style" tonneau was a similar looking 2-piece but it involved installing snap ons all over your interior to secure it. They offer something similar for the 05-13 models but it wont fit with the CDC bar, only the bar that they now sell.

Can't do it b/c at least two of my daughters go cruising with me and my Shelby needs to be a family deal!

Yeah I hear you. DINK(Double Income No Kids) here so my back seat is still virgin.

Archived