TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FRPP strut tower brace question

bergenfelter

Just installed it and the brace sits pretty close to the black hose that runs over the top of the blower. Methinks that is a fuel hose and I don't want anything rubbing on it. Anyone else with this installed let me know what your clearance is like or what you did to address. Thanks!

Just installed it and the brace sits pretty close to the black hose that runs over the top of the blower. Methinks that is a fuel hose and I don't want anything rubbing on it. Anyone else with this installed let me know what your clearance is like or what you did to address. Thanks!

Mine is nowhere close to the fuel cross-over hose. Did you perhaps mount it backwards, so it bends towards the front instead of the rear???

Not sure if you can or not but that would do it.

Phill

Mine is nowhere close to the fuel cross-over hose. Did you perhaps mount it backwards, so it bends towards the front instead of the rear???

Not sure if you can or not but that would do it.

Phill

I mounted it so that you can read the Ford Racing emblem standing in front of the car. The text faces the front - did I install wrong?

John.

I mounted it so that you can read the Ford Racing emblem standing in front of the car. The text faces the front - did I install wrong?

John.

Nope, that's how it's supposed to be mounted. I'll take a second look at mine just to be sure.

Is yours a '13? I ask because I seem to remember the '13 having a cross-over the bends back, rather than just over the top like the '12+E cars have.

Phill

Nope, that's how it's supposed to be mounted. I'll take a second look at mine just to be sure.

Is yours a '13? I ask because I seem to remember the '13 having a cross-over the bends back, rather than just over the top like the '12+E cars have.

Phill

Posted pic links above - yes mine is a 13.

Thanks again - John.

I just don't like having anything near close to fuel lines - maybe I should call FRPP?

Posted pic links above - yes mine is a 13.

I just don't like having anything near close to fuel lines - maybe I should call FRPP?

Wow, that's farther back than I imagined. I'm thinking a short piece of foam pipe wrap (from any plumbing store) would do the trick.

If you call FRPP, I have a feeling they'll tell you the STB isn't made for a '13, only up to '10.

Phill

Wow, that's farther back than I imagined. I'm thinking a short piece of foam pipe wrap (from any plumbing store) would do the trick.

If you call FRPP, I have a feeling they'll tell you the STB isn't made for a '13, only up to '10.

Phill

Dont think there is enough room for the foam wrap - it is fairly tight. It is advertised on their web site to fit 10-13's. fordracingpartsdirect.com

For SVT13 - mat photos (sorry for the crappy iPhone pics - makes my seat stripes look orange)

http://bergfamily.zenfolio.com/p553804734/h3ee4470e

http://bergfamily.zenfolio.com/p553804734/h20151e60

I purchased them from Autoanything.com - they are the Lloyds Ultra Mats with the red piping and red logos. I have an extra trunk mat I could sell real cheap - still NIB. Also finished my light bar last night - I'll start another thread with pics.

For SVT13 - mat photos (sorry for the crappy iPhone pics - makes my seat stripes look orange)

http://bergfamily.ze...04734/h3ee4470e

http://bergfamily.ze...04734/h20151e60

I purchased them from Autoanything.com - they are the Lloyds Ultra Mats with the red piping and red logos. I have an extra trunk mat I could sell real cheap - still NIB. Also finished my light bar last night - I'll start another thread with pics.

I noticed yours has the passenger clips. When you got the mats did you tell them it was for a 13 or what? Since when I go to the customizer (carid has same thing) for 2013 there is no shelby option. Also did you get the red neon binding?

I just specified 2013 Mustang - for the trunk mat I did need to specify Convertible with the Shaker Pro 1000 system. The two front mats come with the factory clips - all the mats fit perfectly and yes I ordered the red neon binding. Here is what the configurator came up with for my order:

Shopping Cart

proceed_to_checkout.gif

Enter your zip code to view expedited shipping options below

Promo Code Subtotal $328.70 Shipping FREE Total $328.70 Item Quantity Price Shipping Options Total Lloyd Mats Ultimat Custom Floor Mats

Logo Shelby GT500 Word Mark 05/on Red W/blk outline Applique Vehicle 2013 Ford Mustang-4 Pc Car Mat Set-Black AutoAnything SKU 3355190 Part # UM1|3295630|4541|4441|100|5038||8770

10||||

Delete $168.85

Ships between 08/15/2012 - 08/17/2012 $168.85 Lloyd Mats Ultimat Custom Floor Mats

Logo Shelby GT500 Word Mark 05/on Red W/blk outline Applique Vehicle 2013 Ford Mustang-Standard Trunk Mat (Convertible (With Shaker 1000)) -Black AutoAnything SKU 3355200 Part # UM19|3295790|4544||100|5038||877010|

|||

Delete $159.85

Ships between 08/15/2012 - 08/17/2012 $159.85

Dont think there is enough room for the foam wrap - it is fairly tight. It is advertised on their web site to fit 10-13's. fordracingpartsdirect.com

I see that. Ford Racing doesn't even offer the part any more. When they did, it was listed for a 2010 *only*.

I also see they mention it will hit the fuel line on a 2013. Easy enough to turn around, says they. I'm not sure you could though. They're suggesting a corrogated (wire loom type) conduit which is VERY easy to find. I have a whole roll of it I bought at NAPA.

Phill

Archived