TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Go big or go home!!!

AH64DFlyboy

So I have been thinking of what to do next to my shelby? I just ordered the MGW shifter and waiting for it to get here. I have decided that Monday I am going to order the Lethal performance 700RWHP + kit. I will be making a video of the install and drivability. I think after that I should get a better heat exchanger. Anyways I will keep you all posted!

There probably isn't a better heat exchanger on the market yet. Steeda tried to make one and failed and had to go back to the drawing board. The one sold by shelby is not an upgrade compared to ours. Also watch out with pushing above 700rwhp. There are a couple people reporting how the new clutch can't hold out to that power and some have already had to replace their clutch with an aftermarket one.

Would love to hear your comparison of the '13 factory shifter and the MGW.

I know in general factory shifters are a little on the sloppy side, but thought maybe Ford went all out on the '13's.

Well last week I switched mine out to the MGW and the hype is for real. I had first to second grind issues before the MGW shifter, Now it is completely gone. I contribute that to The MGW being way more precisely built. The stock shifter would go slightly right then back left when pulling back and down to second from first. The shifts almost have no notchy feeling anymore, but I also have mine set to 5 turns out.

There probably isn't a better heat exchanger on the market yet. Steeda tried to make one and failed and had to go back to the drawing board. The one sold by shelby is not an upgrade compared to ours. Also watch out with pushing above 700rwhp. There are a couple people reporting how the new clutch can't hold out to that power and some have already had to replace their clutch with an aftermarket one.

That sucks. I might have to rethink this. either way will keep it posted on here

It voids the warranty on your factory shifter. How could it hurt your transmission? They would have to show proof the shifter caused the issue in question.

Hey zero I don't know if this is right but I think I read somewhere that for the new changes of the transmission they added carbon fiber pieces or bearing I don't know. When you pulled out the stock shifter was there anything like that on there? Or was it all just rubber and plastic and metal bolts?

It voids the warranty on your factory shifter. How could it hurt your transmission? They would have to show proof the shifter caused the issue in question.

Yeah I agree

Had the 2.6 pully..tune..Xpipe..intake..FRPP exhaust whe my tranny went and the warranty covered it along with the clutch going twice.

and that could and or would be more of treat to the tranny than a shifter change.

So I have been thinking of what to do next to my shelby? I just ordered the MGW shifter and waiting for it to get here. I have decided that Monday I am going to order the Lethal performance 700RWHP + kit. I will be making a video of the install and drivability. I think after that I should get a better heat exchanger. Anyways I will keep you all posted!

What is included in the " Lethal Performance 700rwhp kit ? FRPP markets a 750 hp kit that should fit a 2013, but it's crank hp.

Hey zero I don't know if this is right but I think I read somewhere that for the new changes of the transmission they added carbon fiber pieces or bearing I don't know. When you pulled out the stock shifter was there anything like that on there? Or was it all just rubber and plastic and metal bolts?

I think what your referring to is actually in the transmission. The shifter had nothing special or out of the ordinary about it.

Archived