TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing Lowering Springs - M-5300-L

Madlock

Odd. The SYNC Lockpicks I bought when Coastal was the only game in town always seemed decently made and functioned perfectly - just as PnP as advertised.

It's a rather narrow market to support two unique hardware designs. I'd be surprised if they didn't come off the same dock in Shenzen.

Nav-tv works with OEM companies so their stuff is better. Thats why they don't void OEM warranties either. They are OEM approved or something like that.

An "OEM approved" defeat for nav systems' safety lockouts?

Well there are different ways to set it. Right now mine is set with the safety stuff intack. And I think when they say OEM approve they mean in the sense that it won't cause electrical problems to your car.

• 1 year later...

I have fitted these springs on my 20007 GT500. I have to say they are excellent when paired up with shocks and struts that Ford recommend.

I thought the ride was a little rough over bad roads but ironically, last week was the first time I had been in a GT500 with completely stock suspension and on the same local roads the ride on that car was definitely harsher....

Surprising perhaps that Ford recommend these over a large range of model years as mine has the heavy iron block compared to the later aluminium block cars.

Regarding bump steer, well I fitted the Shelby bump steer kit and it is the only thing that has given me any grief (I posted here about this) and this is because it is a Heim joint type which can get some surface corrosion and get noisy if it gets wet.

I did this for the sake of it but I am wondering whether to put the stock tie rods on and see if I get bothered by bump steer. Maybe not as these springs do not lower the car much.

Panhard bar: well I can't remember the measurements but my axle was quite noticeably displaced to one side by lowering when the stock panhard was retained.

I chose the BMR adjustable one for 2 reasons:

1) the adjustment is easy to get to when installed on the car. the Steeda one for example didn't look that easily adjustable in situ.

2) The BMR one is the one on Shelby's site.

I also installed a matching panhard brace because I chose to believe the sales talk about how much sturdier it is than the factory one but I really did it just to match the panhard bar. I am not sure the brace makes much or any difference in street driving....

Malc

I have fitted these springs on my 20007 GT500. I have to say they are excellent when paired up with shocks and struts that Ford recommend.

I thought the ride was a little rough over bad roads but ironically, last week was the first time I had been in a GT500 with completely stock suspension and on the same local roads the ride on that car was definitely harsher....

Surprising perhaps that Ford recommend these over a large range of model years as mine has the heavy iron block compared to the later aluminium block cars.

Regarding bump steer, well I fitted the Shelby bump steer kit and it is the only thing that has given me any grief (I posted here about this) and this is because it is a Heim joint type which can get some surface corrosion and get noisy if it gets wet.

I did this for the sake of it but I am wondering whether to put the stock tie rods on and see if I get bothered by bump steer. Maybe not as these springs do not lower the car much.

Panhard bar: well I can't remember the measurements but my axle was quite noticeably displaced to one side by lowering when the stock panhard was retained.

I chose the BMR adjustable one for 2 reasons:

1) the adjustment is easy to get to when installed on the car. the Steeda one for example didn't look that easily adjustable in situ.

2) The BMR one is the one on Shelby's site.

I also installed a matching panhard brace because I chose to believe the sales talk about how much sturdier it is than the factory one but I really did it just to match the panhard bar. I am not sure the brace makes much or any difference in street driving....

Malc

Thanks Malc. Do you have any before and after photos that you can post?

Hi, I don't have really useable before shots as, when I bought my car it has Eibach Pro springs but everything else was stock. So with this mismatched combination it drove like a total pig.

What I have now is a Ford factory setup: i.e. 2012 GT500 Performance Package. It is a very nice combination that IO am well happy with: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/M18000G/Ford-Racing-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-Handling-Kit-M-18000-G (the 2custmer's pic" is mine that I uploaded to their site!)

Don't know if you've done LCAs but they are an absolute must and I drove mine with stock LCAs with the Ford Racing kit and then with billet LCAs and the handling is MUCH more precise now.

Anyway here's a pic with Eibach Pro springs only:

12236178943_049c54531d_b.jpg

DSC00237 by malc350, on Flickr

And here's a rear pic with Ford M-5300L and OEM 2012 GT500 performance dampers which is the same setup as in my signature pic:

12236635224_36d693006e_b.jpg

IMG_0425 by malc350, on Flickr

Malc

Archived