TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KB 2.8 LC Supercharger on a 2011 GT500, anyone with this setup, come on in!!!

32V-SVT

Hey are there any 2011 GT500 owners here that have completed a KB 2.8 LC Supercharger install???? I'm looking for impressions on the Tune you received, and if your making the HP you expected, also what (if any) driveability issues you may have had??? I'm running the 3.25" pulley on my Stage III kit.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Kenne Bell 2.8 in a (2011-2013) GT500

1) Is the 2.8 LC blower case any bigger than the non liquid cooled 2.8?

2) Has anyone been able to install a KB 2.8 (std or LC) without cutting out the hood X brace?

By having shorter engine mounts...(3/4" drop or more)

Then what about the transmission mount and the angle of the drivetrain in relationship with the driveshaft?

3) Has anyone been able to install a KB 2.8 (std or LC) by just cutting out the hood X brace and by NOT having to go to shorter engine mounts...

Thx.

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed a Kenne Bell 2.8 LC Supercharger on my 2011 GT500. I did the tuning thru Jon Lund Racing / Remote Dyno Tune. I have the stage 3 kit with 75mm Throttle Body, new 5" Intake (Kenne Bell Replaced the old Ford GT Style Intakes), 72LB Injectors, American Racing Long Tube Headers, Off Road X-Pipe w/Cat Delete, 3" Exhaust w/Racing Mufflers. I live in AZ where we can only get 91 octane at the pumps. I am running Torco to help boost the octane. I used a 3" Pulley, 6500 RPM Limiter and got 685.83 RWHP on a Dyno-Jet. Boost came in at 18.87 at the top of the RPM range and it was 100+ degree weather, so I expect to hit 700+ during the cooler months.

I have a aftermarket hood (Black Mamba), so I did not have to lower the engine or cut the hood :-)

I do not have any drivability issues what so ever.....I love the whine of the KB and it pulls like a freight train!

• 2 months later...

Hi ShelbyOwner,

I have the same set up on my 2012 and did the install in May this year....

Can you post a pic of new 5" Intake (Kenne Bell Replaced the old Ford GT Style Intakes),? I have the old one and am curious how it look?

Thanks!

• 10 months later...

I did the 2.8 stage 3 mammoth kit on my 2011 and had it tuned by Adam at st motorsports !

He's a great but real busy guy!

I was impressed with my numbers ...

643/570 with everything else stock... I will be doing an off-road h pipe soon and 72lb injectors ...

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed a Kenne Bell 2.8 LC Supercharger on my 2011 GT500. I did the tuning thru Jon Lund Racing / Remote Dyno Tune. I have the stage 3 kit with 75mm Throttle Body, new 5" Intake (Kenne Bell Replaced the old Ford GT Style Intakes), 72LB Injectors, American Racing Long Tube Headers, Off Road X-Pipe w/Cat Delete, 3" Exhaust w/Racing Mufflers. I live in AZ where we can only get 91 octane at the pumps. I am running Torco to help boost the octane. I used a 3" Pulley, 6500 RPM Limiter and got 685.83 RWHP on a Dyno-Jet. Boost came in at 18.87 at the top of the RPM range and it was 100+ degree weather, so I expect to hit 700+ during the cooler months.

I have a aftermarket hood (Black Mamba), so I did not have to lower the engine or cut the hood :-)

I do not have any drivability issues what so ever.....I love the whine of the KB and it pulls like a freight train!

Would love to see a pic of your install and your Black Mamba Hood. I would also like to see a picture of the notch that's required for the stock hood as I'm not keen on lowering the moter a 1/2 inch.

• 7 months later...

So I bit the bullet and caved...lowered the engine with the KB 1/2 lowering mounts but still had clearance issues with the 2.8LC touching the front case of the SC... removed blanket and knotched the hood last night.... she fits... its close but she fits... Ill do a detailed install thread soon as its wrapped up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I bit the bullet and caved...lowered the engine with the KB 1/2 lowering mounts but still had clearance issues with the 2.8LC touching the front case of the SC... removed blanket and knotched the hood last night.... she fits... its close but she fits... Ill do a detailed install thread soon as its wrapped up.

I'm about to buy the same setup, any advice on installing the lowering mounts or having to notch the hood ? I will be doing the work myself so just wondering if there are any nightmares in store...

For some reason on my car the 1/2 inch lowering mounts did not give me quite enough clearance. I emailed KB and they shipped out the 3/4 inch mounts. They dropped the engine enough so I had about 1/2 inch clearance with the hood blanket installed. A FYI for 13/14 MY, there are 3 mount bolts for the EPS rack. I spent a good hour trying to figure out why the rack wouldn't move forward. The 3rd bolt is hidden on the pass side k member. With the 168mm throttle body I do have a very slight surge....more noticeable in 2,3, 4th gear. Hoping Jon Lund ll can tweak this out. That's the only issue so far.

Archived